POLL: Gayle Bradley 1 Sprint...Yea or Nay???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Would you like to see a Sprint Run Gayle Bradley 1?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:43 pm

YES, I'd buy a GB1 Sprint!
53%
NO, I'd pass.
47%

Total votes: 58

paladin

POLL: Gayle Bradley 1 Sprint...Yea or Nay???

Post by paladin »

I replied to a post about the GB1 over on BF and it got me to thinking...

I really appreciate the design and philosophy of use built into this model by Gayle Bradley.

Just thought it'd be interesting to see if there'd be much interest from the Spydermaniacs for a Sprint Run.

Vote and then post up in the thread what changes you'd like to see in your dream GB1 Sprint Run!

If there's a big response, I'll create a poll with some options you gals & fellers suggest...

BTW, here's a great insight from the designer himself for those of us who haven't seen it yet, or would like to review it, ENJOY!!! :D :spyder: :D
https://youtu.be/Qk0IxU-fuW4
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
Sharp Guy

Re: POLL: Gayle Bradley 1 Sprint...Yea or Nay???

Post by Sharp Guy »

I didn't vote yes or no because I like the GB just fine as is. However, depending on the details I might be up for a sprint. I don't really carry or use either of my GBs very often so the sprint would have to be something really cool for me to buy it.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

I voted no as I can't really think of a good Sprint modification and thus would rather want to have an original.
The general design would stay the same, I want the m4 and most scale materials wouldn't be much of an upgrade... the only thing I could think of would be a coating for the blade but I never had any issues with corrosion... So no Sprint, would just want the original (again, because I stupidly sold mine).
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Voted for a GB1 sprint,

Couple of Pakkawood veneers instead of the carbon fibre :D :D ;)
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

Yes, but only with stainless steel blade. S110V would be my choice:)
soundshaman

Post by soundshaman »

I wouldn't mind another gb1. If it was another handle scale, with the same blade steel. Carrying this all week and love it as always
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Yes! I would buy one with a full flat grind in a split second. Same goes for the GB2.

I really like M4 and would haven no issues with it again but for something different how about a stainless steel and green g10? Elmax and foliage green or 204P and dark green?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think there are some Taichung models that could make good sprints. I wonder if we will see that happen at some point.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jdw

Post by jdw »

I voted no only because I can't think of one thing that I would change.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
JenWrath

Post by JenWrath »

I voted yes, but I have no idea what you would replace on it to make the sprint stand out. Maybe a near mirror polish maxamet blade with the twill handles from the Air, but with a different color....like a rust red or black. It'd be a classier, upscale GB1 but can still get down and do any job.
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

Igi964 wrote:Yes, but only with stainless steel blade. S110V would be my choice:)

I have no need for a non-stainless folder, but always wanted a GB 1. S110V, XHP, S90V would be great.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'd love to see some Taichung sprints, but this is one of my favorite knives just the way it is. Why mess with perfection?

The only suggestion I can think of would be a "GB Lite" FLASH BATCH, being a much slimmer version with reduced liner/handle width. However, this could possibly ruin the knife because it's tank like feel is part of it's greatness. The GB2 is a slimmer knife, but the ergos are so different I would prefer a slim version of the GB1 I guess.
Eee

Post by Eee »

I can safely say the GB1 is my favourite locking folder, but it does get pushed out of my pocket by Pacific & Atlantic Salts when I need more corrosion resistance. LC200n would make it perfect.
paladin

Post by paladin »

Eee wrote:I can safely say the GB1 is my favourite locking folder, but it does get pushed out of my pocket by Pacific & Atlantic Salts when I need more corrosion resistance. LC200n would make it perfect.
This was my line of thinking as well...

I wouldn't have to demand full RUST PROOF with H1 or LC200N...although that'd be NICE...and I think the toughness of H1 would suit the model well...

I was thinking more of something like 20CV or similar analogue.

Cruwear, admittedly not a stainless steel, seems to sell well in any iteration.

Come to think of it...a Cruwear GB1 with gray handles would be pretty sharp. :cool:
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
Eee

Post by Eee »

I could happily go with cru-wear :cool:
I suggested LC200n because I'm expecting it to be at the tougher end. One of the many things I love about the GB1 is how thin it is ground and I put that partly down to it being in a tougher steel than s30v 20cv etc. The Spyderchef seems to be a similarly thin edge and cru-wear should be good too :)
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

I would prefer a GB2 sprint but I would be all over a GB1 sprint too since I don’t have one.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

Micarta would be cool.
JenWrath wrote:I voted yes, but I have no idea what you would replace on it to make the sprint stand out. Maybe a near mirror polish maxamet blade with the twill handles from the Air, but with a different color....like a rust red or black. It'd be a classier, upscale GB1 but can still get down and do any job.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

Hmmm, you have almost won me over with the grey and cru wear.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

I would like to see it in stainless steel, preferably S90V. Together with a deepcarry clip and peelply forestgreen G10 I would be happy.
Biglink63

Post by Biglink63 »

Yes, stainless steel blade. Colored g10.
:spyder: Wegner C48, Tenacious, Dyad jr, Kiwi, Manix 2, GB2, Cara Cara 2, Ravin 2 :spyder: