Spyderco Delica 4 Lightweight Knife, Limited S30V with Yellow and Green Zome FRN, SP-C11ZFPYL

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vgex

Re: Spyderco Delica 4 Lightweight Knife, Limited S30V with Yellow and Green Zome FRN, SP-C11ZFPYL

Post by vgex »

kwselke wrote:Knives Plus now has a picture of the exclusive yellow/green. https://www.knivesplus.com/spyderco-del ... zfpyl.html Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I behold a beauty. I want it!
Slumblor

Re: Spyderco Delica 4 Lightweight Knife, Limited S30V with Yellow and Green Zome FRN, SP-C11ZFPYL

Post by Slumblor »

Hmm, yeah, not sure how I feel about that zome combo on these handles. I will probably pick one up, but might end up swapping or ritdying.

Also, National has these listed on their site too.
edit; BHQ has these listed too, but the prices are all over the place
Redman5006

Post by Redman5006 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:What I really want to know is... is that an S30V FFG Zome DFly? Cause I'll take 2 :D
Looks like a Dragonfly to me too. I wonder if it is s30v as well. I'm a sucker for the Dragonfly. My first Spydie love.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Redman5006 wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:What I really want to know is... is that an S30V FFG Zome DFly? Cause I'll take 2 :D
Looks like a Dragonfly to me too. I wonder if it is s30v as well. I'm a sucker for the Dragonfly. My first Spydie love.
Mine too :D
Welcome to the forum :spyder:
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
illacky

Post by illacky »

KnifeCenter has a pre-order up for this.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP11ZF ... n-handles/
-Ivan
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Rpp wrote:I recalled green and yellow from the shot show so I rescued a picture from Photobucket. Pink and purple too.
not to derail the thread but what is that bottom knife? handle looks kind of like a hossom but frn.
bearfacedkiller wrote:I just watched the video again and it look like the Rock to me. All the holes are in the exact same spots.

^^^
They're Schempp Rock handle scales. The back end of the handle is partially in the Spydie pack and those hard angles are from the guard/choil portion of the handles. If that helps to visualize it better. :confused: :spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Mushroom wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Rpp wrote:I recalled green and yellow from the shot show so I rescued a picture from Photobucket. Pink and purple too.
not to derail the thread but what is that bottom knife? handle looks kind of like a hossom but frn.
bearfacedkiller wrote:I just watched the video again and it look like the Rock to me. All the holes are in the exact same spots.

^^^
They're Schempp Rock handle scales. The back end of the handle is partially in the Spydie pack and those hard angles are from the guard/choil portion of the handles. If that helps to visualize it better. :confused: :spyder:
thanks for explaining that... I was visualizing it wrong
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

Yikes, that color combo of pretty ugly.
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

I see Knives Plus raised their price......
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

bouhunter wrote:I see Knives Plus raised their price......
still seems to be the lowest out there, and at only 35% off MSRP
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Pretty neat.

Regardless if S30V is an "exciting" steel or not, I can see this option landing the great Delica design into a lot more hands out there that may have otherwise missed out.
Going back to Caly.
kwselke

Post by kwselke »

Slumblor wrote:
still seems to be the lowest out there, and at only 35% off MSRP
Not when you live in Texas and have to factor in the sales taxes as I do.
losinground

Post by losinground »

Looks like I will be getting it from Knife Center instead.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

this_is_nascar wrote:I see more people purchasing this for the donor blade as opposed to the total offering itself.
I have always wanted to buy Putman or Aramis or Cuscadi scales for one of my Delica's but never had a good reason too. Buying this S30V Delica and aftermarket scales seems like a fun idea now :)
vgex

Post by vgex »

The zome here just looks too bright. Will most like use this as an excuse to make the Lil'Para.
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

Excited to see this. I will most definitely have to pick one up even though I'm not keen on the handle choice as many of you are. Really glad spyderco is using some American steels on this iconic model. Maybe well get M390 or S110v next. One can only hope.
Edit:
Does anyone know if Knivesplus and knifecenter will be the only places this is available?
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

freebird610 wrote:Excited to see this. I will most definitely have to pick one up even though I'm not keen on the handle choice as many of you are. Really glad spyderco is using some American steels on this iconic model. Maybe well get M390 or S110v next. One can only hope.
Edit:
Does anyone know if Knivesplus and knifecenter will be the only places this is available?
They are up on National Knives as well.
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

Do we know a release date?
vivi

Post by vivi »

Mushroom wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:

^^^
I wonder if they're doing a new run of Rock Salts? I had been thinking about asking Santa for one :D
:unicorn
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

There's someone selling on the bay... Claims to have multiple available :confused:. Have these dropped anywhere else?
-Nick :bug-red