Caly Jr. Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Japanese blade steel of choice for Caly Jr. Sprint?

Superblue
38%
VG-10
6%
HAP-40
22%
ZDP-189
7%
MBS-26
1%
Damascus
3%
Cobalt Special
2%
White Steel
12%
H1
4%
Other
6%

Total votes: 234

Calicoast

Re: Caly Jr. Sprint

Post by Calicoast »

Super Super Blue, Where are you?
We've got some work to do now!

-C
Attachments
2018-06-07 14.20.12.jpg
AlwaysTomboy

Post by AlwaysTomboy »

I pre-ordered from KnifeCenter back in December, and instead of getting the usual "order still in process" email I've been getting, today's email was an "out of stock, order will ship as soon as item arrives" message. Does that mean the Calypso Jrs are on the way? Maybe??
(Sent from iPod)
Calicoast

Post by Calicoast »

Received the same email yesterday. Hoping so, I would like to see these drop before the Vtoku. Haven't really heard any details since it was added to the catalog.
https://youtu.be/Otv1WCKxUmY
-C
Last edited by Calicoast on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
illacky

Post by illacky »

AlwaysTomboy wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:48 am
I pre-ordered from KnifeCenter back in December, and instead of getting the usual "order still in process" email I've been getting, today's email was an "out of stock, order will ship as soon as item arrives" message. Does that mean the Calypso Jrs are on the way? Maybe??
Calicoast wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:09 am
Received the same email yesterday. Hoping so, I would like to see these drop before the Vtoku. Haven't really heard any details since it was added to the catalog.
-C
Unfortunately I think KC just changed the verbiage of their usual “your order is in good hands” email to an “out of stock order” email. I have three pre-orders with them and the email is this new wording for all theee.
-Ivan
AlwaysTomboy

Post by AlwaysTomboy »

illacky wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:24 am
Unfortunately I think KC just changed the verbiage of their usual “your order is in good hands” email to an “out of stock order” email. I have three pre-orders with them and the email is this new wording for all theee.
Ahhh, ok. Thanks for the info. Hrumph. :)

Edited to add that the "hrumph" is to KnifeCenter for changing their email verbage and making me think Caly Jr is on the way, not at you.
(Sent from iPod)
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I have no experience with the Calypso design and had not considered it until now. But, the blade shape, ergonomics, weight and Super Blue steel (would be my first “super” steel type) has me very interested. I suspect this would be a better “Delica” choice for me. Purely subjective opinion of course but still I plan to get one if possible.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

We. Need. Updates!!!! Patiently waiting.... well not patiently, but I am waiting!