Maxamet would be great for a knife in Arizona

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mikael Andersson

Maxamet would be great for a knife in Arizona

Post by Mikael Andersson »

But my question is how easy does it attract rust even in slightly humid conditions? (not in a rain forest type of environment)
Midnightrider

Re: Maxamet would be great for a knife in Arizona

Post by Midnightrider »

It rains plenty in northern Arizona and occasionally even in the southern part, especially winter.
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
Mikael Andersson

Midnightrider wrote:It rains plenty in northern Arizona and occasionally even in the southern part, especially winter.
The more you know...
Ruudr

Post by Ruudr »

I have my Manix 2 Maxamet for 3 months now and I'm living in the Netherlands. Clipped to my pocket everyday, on my bike to work in all kinds of weather. No rust issues at all. Sometimes I put a little bit Ballistol oil on the blade but only after it was really wet.
Last edited by Ruudr on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikael Andersson

Ruudr wrote:I have my Manix 2 Maxamet for 3 months now and I'm living in the Netherlands. Clipped to my pocket everyday, on my bike to work in all kinds of weather. No rust issues at all.
Thats good to hear.
embry386

Post by embry386 »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
Midnightrider wrote:It rains plenty in northern Arizona and occasionally even in the southern part, especially winter.
The more you know...
The southern part actually gets a lot of rain, during the summer mostly. There's a monsoon season here, comes with tons of dramatic lightning storms and bad humidity during July and August. Lots of mosquitoes, which is unpleasant. They're starting to die off a bit now though, since the monsoons are pretty near over.