What's Everyone's Latest Spyderco Purchase?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
delican_38

What's Everyone's Latest Spyderco Purchase?

Post by delican_38 »

I had a "spur of the moment" idea yesterday to purchase a new Spyderco, and ended up with the Cutlery Shoppe exclusive Manix 2 LW in S90V. I'm curious to know what has been everyone else's latest Spyderco purchase?
:spyder: Spyderco collector since 2011
xceptnl

Re: What's Everyone's Latest Spyderco Purchase?

Post by xceptnl »

Picked this one up second hand from another forum member a while back. Haven't had another purchase in almost a year.

Last edited by xceptnl on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Para 3 and mxg clip should be arriving soon.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Nate

Post by Nate »

New and improved Military Left Hand:

I already have one from the prior run, but it just seemed like the right thing to do. :)

Need to buy a back-up lefty Para2 while they're available as well, trying to spread things out a bit though.
:spyder:
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Para3 Cruwear and Caly 3 HAP40
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
olywa

Post by olywa »

Found a Meerkat HAP40. Hopefully it will be here by the weekend.
blockade

Post by blockade »

Gayle Bradley 2, ordered Monday from Blade HQ, arrived today with regular shipping. Can't beat that.

I've carried the PM2 since last October as an EDC, and love it. The GB2 is smaller but heavier. Feels great in the hand, looks great, smooth as silk. But I don't know if it will beat out the PM2 as an EDC. Still in the balance.

Just joined this forum today. Fell down the Spyderco hole about a year ago. I'm ashamed to admit that I thought for years that I could get by carrying only old Gerber FS 1s and 2s, old Herters Canadian Patterns (or new old stock if I could find them), and a Tree Brand, Victorinox Spartan, or occasional Benchmade. Then I found Spydercos. Game changer.
attila

Post by attila »

Cruwear Para 3, MXG clips, and a HAP40 Caly 3. If the Caly I got straight from Spyderco is perfect, I'll cancel my KC preorder.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum blockade
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
vivi

Post by vivi »

Grabbed some back up Pacific Salts when I heard they'd be switching to Endura 4 handles. Might pick up a few more whenever the Pacific Salt 2 materialises.

:unicorn
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

My latest is a Manix 2 LW with Maxamet blade. I love the Manix 2 platform but bought it mainly for the Maxamet blade which is proving to be a favorite for sharpening and edge holding. It just keeps on cutting!

If the Manix 2 is ever offered with a K390 or a PMA11 blade steel that would easily be my next acquisition.

Dave
delican_38

Post by delican_38 »

blockade wrote:Gayle Bradley 2, ordered Monday from Blade HQ, arrived today with regular shipping. Can't beat that.

I've carried the PM2 since last October as an EDC, and love it. The GB2 is smaller but heavier. Feels great in the hand, looks great, smooth as silk. But I don't know if it will beat out the PM2 as an EDC. Still in the balance.

Just joined this forum today. Fell down the Spyderco hole about a year ago. I'm ashamed to admit that I thought for years that I could get by carrying only old Gerber FS 1s and 2s, old Herters Canadian Patterns (or new old stock if I could find them), and a Tree Brand, Victorinox Spartan, or occasional Benchmade. Then I found Spydercos. Game changer.
Welcome aboard blockade! Spydercos are definitely addicting that's for sure.
:spyder: Spyderco collector since 2011
blockade

Post by blockade »

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

blockade wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here.
Welcome again, blockade :) I also owned Tree Brand, Gerber, and Victorinox before I got my first Spyderco.
delican_38 wrote:I had a "spur of the moment" idea yesterday to purchase a new Spyderco, and ended up with the Cutlery Shoppe exclusive Manix 2 LW in S90V. I'm curious to know what has been everyone else's latest Spyderco purchase?
The last one I received was the same as yours, the CS exclusive orange Manix S90V, and I'm crazy about it! -- my first orange knife. Never thought I'd want an orange one except for rescue or whatever, but it's obvious that I've now been bitten by the orange bug.

I have a brown DLC Yojimbo2 waiting for me in my mailbox at home, along with an MXG clip for a hopefully coming Para 3 CruWear, but I'm presently stuck in a building which is under lockdown because of some sort of police standoff and can't go home to get the Yo 2 until this is over. It's been going on for over an hour. Hopefully no one will pilfer my mailbox :(
Last edited by DougC-3 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Military M4 exclusive. Next on my list are the Sliverax and Dragonfly hawkbill whenever they drop.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Jumpin'Spyder

Post by Jumpin'Spyder »

First HAP-40: a Meerkat. Really excited to try it. It will be here in a few days...oh yeah!!!
mn700vforce

Post by mn700vforce »

Cutlery shop's Orange Native 5
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

Para 3 DLC
atv223

Post by atv223 »

My first post to the forum! These just came in the mail today.

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Welcome atv, those are two terrific Spydies especially for your first pair. Welcome to the sickness as well. :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*