Late love for Schempp Bowie

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

Late love for Schempp Bowie

Post by jdw »

I picked up a Schempp Bowie on a 20% off ebay deal and only recently started carrying it. It rides really easily in the pocket and the f&f is absolutely perfect. With the negative blade angle it is a slicing beast and the brass patinas beautifully. I sat on the fence on this one for quite a while but if you are slow on the uptake like I was then I would really suggest getting one before they are disco'd. It is just an outstanding piece. Just my two cents.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
KingRat

Re: Late love for Schempp Bowie

Post by KingRat »

They are pretty nice pieces, and make a great gents folder. Love the negative blade angle. The brass is a nice touch, and I'm hoping we see brass bolsters on another Spyderco soon. The deep carry clip is one of, if not my favorite, clips. The knife disappears in the pocket, and the brownish colour of the clip disappears against most darker pants. I'll might try and pick up a second when they are discontinued.

I would love to see a bigger version, built to take more "abuse" (not the right word I'm thinking of; they are knives not pry bars). Make the blade 4+ inches, maybe a little thicker (3.5mm?) and beef up the liner lock (or maybe a back lock?).