A quest for Sal ! Do you like CPM-Cru Wear ?! Well...you'd be blown away by this one...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rivy

Re: A quest for Sal ! Do you like CPM-Cru Wear ?! Well...you'd be blown away by this one...

Post by rivy »

In for a delica/wharnie delica, manbug, prob dfly and stretch too, lol.
Leeroy37

Re: A quest for Sal ! Do you like CPM-Cru Wear ?! Well...you'd be blown away by this one...

Post by Leeroy37 »

In for a delica, stretch and delica warnie if included
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

In for one thousand SRS-15 Dragonflies...well maybe just 4...maybe 5
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Foghorne

Post by Foghorne »

I'd get some Dragonflies and Delica wharnies with no cladding.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I'd be down to try SRS15 if we could get it unclad.
Solid SRS15 full size Calypso anyone?
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:33 pm
Cladding depends on the will of the maker.

sal

Is unclad SRS-15 a possibility for future knives? Or unclad Hap40 for that matter? We've seen that Super Blue can be done in both clad and unclad, but I guess the unclad versions came out of Moki (Caly 3.5 and Caly Jr), right? So is Seki unable/unwilling to do unclad Hap40/V-TOKU/Super Blue/Super Gold etc? Can any of these steels be done in unclad format in Moki? I think Caly Jrs in unclad versions of any of these would get just as much fanfare as the Super Blue one is getting. Can't wait for that one.

My preference is unclad, but that is based purely on looks. I dont really care for the way the cladding looks when it scratches and I dont care for the lamination lines. The TiCN coated Red Delica hid everything enough that I didnt mind.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
elena86

Post by elena86 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm
sal wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:33 pm
Cladding depends on the will of the maker.

sal

Is unclad SRS-15 a possibility for future knives? Or unclad Hap40 for that matter? We've seen that Super Blue can be done in both clad and unclad, but I guess the unclad versions came out of Moki (Caly 3.5 and Caly Jr), right? So is Seki unable/unwilling to do unclad Hap40/V-TOKU/Super Blue/Super Gold etc? Can any of these steels be done in unclad format in Moki? I think Caly Jrs in unclad versions of any of these would get just as much fanfare as the Super Blue one is getting. Can't wait for that one.

My preference is unclad, but that is based purely on looks. I dont really care for the way the cladding looks when it scratches and I dont care for the lamination lines. The TiCN coated Red Delica hid everything enough that I didnt mind.

SRS15 is stainless so ...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

elena86 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Yeah, you would think it wouldnt need cladding, but who knows? I thought I remembered seeing someone say they owned a clad SRS-15 kitchen knife.
max42

Post by max42 »

Yes: in for several, if they're Dragonflies :)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Bumping for a 2019 run of unclad SRS15 Dragonfly 2 sprints.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Bumping for a 2020 Millie in SRS15. Please Sal, throw us a bone :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

I missed this thread......it looks like a nice performer, stainless, but some W, V and Mo to form carbides......I could see a Endura or Stretch in this steel in my pocket....

EDIT: Thinking about it, SPY27 might become a trademark steel also in japanese models......and having Spyderco´s own steel in Endura is more pleasing to me.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Sure, I'd try it...stretch or straight stretch would be my preference.
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 am
Bumping for a 2020 Millie in SRS15. Please Sal, throw us a bone :eek:
I'd buy two.
--Jeremy
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:59 pm
elena86 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Yeah, you would think it wouldnt need cladding, but who knows? I thought I remembered seeing someone say they owned a clad SRS-15 kitchen knife.
The Japanese clad stainless steels as well. I have seen quite a few clad vg10 knives. I have two knives in SG2/R2 and they are stainless with cladding.

Besides corrosion resistance the cladding makes them tougher and easier to grind.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'm definitely down for UNCLAD SRS15, but with Cruwear now available in Seki I'm good with them pumping out a bunch of the Seki models in that. Cru-carta Delicas and Dragonflies would be amazing!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Sign me up for a stretch and a Delica Wharncliffe.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

In for an Endura and most especially a Straight Spine Stretch
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

I would be in for an Endura and Delica wharncliffe
Justin :spyder:
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i would be in for a dragonfly only of seki runs. now if you do golden then a para 3 g10 a manix 2 g10 and a lil native compression also a brouwer.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9