Caly 3 HAP40 dropped

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SF Native

Re: Caly 3 HAP40 dropped

Post by SF Native »

attila wrote:
SF Native wrote:There are resources to get one but you have to pay more. $215 seems to be the going rate at bento, sfo, and country knives. I'm pretty happy with the cruwear para 3. Probably going to just miss this one.
If you're a veteran, you can get a major discount directly from Spyderco. And if you have $150 in your cart after the discount, you can avoid the $13 shipping fee.

Also, I was eagerly awaiting mine from Knifecenter so I called them. Nicole said that they are still taking preorders because they have had fewer preorders placed than the number of Caly 3s Spyderco promised KC. So I'm hoping my order gets filled, and you may also have a chance if you choose that route.
That's fantastic news. I have a preorder but I'm really close to the end of the line. Maybe one will show up some day. That will be a good surprise.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Got the same information from KC. Placed my order when these things first started showing up. I was told by customer service rep that they are good about not going over their allocated count. It 'only' happened once before.

Preorder still available several weeks later....
Peter
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

I hope all of yinz still trying to score.. DO!! I don't usually gush over a knife.. BUT.. This is a really nice one!!! :D John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

anycal wrote:Got the same information from KC. Placed my order when these things first started showing up. I was told by customer service rep that they are good about not going over their allocated count. It 'only' happened once before.

I'm not holding my breath on my preorder at this point. It also seems kinda crazy to me that they're still taking preorders
anycal

Post by anycal »

I don't know. 1200 piece run, that's a pretty high number for a niche hobby like knife collecting. Unless someone sees a really high value to this particular knife, and thinks they can profit from reselling it, it may take a while to sell all1200 knives.

I know there are a lot of passionate enthusiasts on this forum, but in scheme of things, we are a pretty small number. At times, it may seem that something is more sought after than it may be.

And with all the other models released this year, folks are starting to fatigue; running out of $$ perhaps.

Another factor, these are being trickled in, instead of releasing 1200 into the market all at once.

I could be wrong. Pretty knew to this.

Edit: Some of my previous thoughts may have come off as a bit d-baggy
Last edited by anycal on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Peter
attila

Post by attila »

Slumblor wrote:
anycal wrote:Got the same information from KC. Placed my order when these things first started showing up. I was told by customer service rep that they are good about not going over their allocated count. It 'only' happened once before.

I'm not holding my breath on my preorder at this point. It also seems kinda crazy to me that they're still taking preorders
I'm not holding my breath either, just hoping for a nice surprise.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

I placed my pre-order with KC the day it was available on that website. I have not yet received any info from them. I called them a couple weeks ago and all I got was basically that they have my pre-order but they dont have any idea if I will receive my order before the run is up. Needless to say I wont be doing that again.
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Just got my shipping notice from KC this afternoon. I had written this one off already. I was surprised they remember me.
arty

Post by arty »

I missed the initial run. I often carry the ZDP version, and hope this sprint appears soon on dealer shelves. How does everyone like the edge holding?
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

OMG -I hope you didn't damage it - they are so hard to find these days!

Oh wait ...

Seriously - I had to find a used one off of Blade Forum.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I gave up trying to find one at the MAP price. I just bought a Delica Peckerwood instead and I really like it. Still have the HAP40 blade and laminated wood instead of G10.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Daniel wrote:I gave up trying to find one at the MAP price. I just bought a Delica Peckerwood instead and I really like it. Still have the HAP40 blade and laminated wood instead of G10.
I love the Caly, but like using the Delica just a little more.

BTW, I think you meant pakkawood, not 'peckerwood'. HaHaHa! :D :D :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

It seems that Knives Plus had stock of these again
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Got an email from knivesplus saying they're in stock again and I finally managed to snag one!
-Nick :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

^ Well those didn't last long!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Maybe 3rd time will be the charm. Ordered. Hope I get shipping notice. Nothing yet.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Caly 3 HAP40:
I see Knifecenter took them off the "preorder" list.
Today I got the standard robo email from Knifecenter saying they still have my order.(the fourth one so far)
I'm thinking my chances are pretty slim now.
This is my first preorder and I don't like it.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Try whitemountainknives, they sent me one yesterday.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Any user reports? How's the hap40? Anyone thin one out the edge a little?
anycal

Post by anycal »

gull wing wrote:Caly 3 HAP40:
I see Knifecenter took them off the "preorder" list.
Today I got the standard robo email from Knifecenter saying they still have my order.(the fourth one so far)
I'm thinking my chances are pretty slim now.
This is my first preorder and I don't like it.
Ain't that something?! It isn't even shown as an invetory item anymore. Gone. It shows as 'discontinued' when i click on the item on my pre-order. I too got the standard 'we haven't forgot about you' email today.

It is possible they finally accounted for all the pre-orders they signed up for? And removed it from inventory. We'll see. No big deal if it doesn't happen for me. I wanted it because I like my UKPK.

Already have couple of Seki knives anyways, along with several of my Golden ones. Time to try Taichung? Don't have one yet. Mantra, perhaps? :)
Peter