2018 Calendar Contest – WINNERS!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
swisspyder

Re: 2018 Calendar Contest – WINNERS!

Post by swisspyder »

TazKristi wrote: swisspyder: I sincerely apologize if your address information was shown to anyone. We could not duplicate the issue but have made some tweaks that will prevent it from occurring.
Alright, I just hope it doesn't happen again ;) Luckily this time the information wasn't too sensitive, but imagine this happened with payment information!

Also, I still haven't managed to get the image uploaded. I tried again several times but I'm not getting the screen you posted.

edit: it has finally worked! :)
Spydercos currently in my collection:
Gayle Bradley 1, Urban K390, Tenacious
Owned in the past:
Techno, Advocate
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Just resubmitted my photo successfully as well! :spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Worked for me, too... finally I got a "Thank you, your image has been submitted."

:)
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
DerRock

Post by DerRock »

I tried to load the image. Confirmation received. It seems that everything works.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

swisspyder wrote:
TazKristi wrote: swisspyder: I sincerely apologize if your address information was shown to anyone. We could not duplicate the issue but have made some tweaks that will prevent it from occurring.
Alright, I just hope it doesn't happen again ;) Luckily this time the information wasn't too sensitive, but imagine this happened with payment information!

Also, I still haven't managed to get the image uploaded. I tried again several times but I'm not getting the screen you posted.

edit: it has finally worked! :)
I'm happy it worked. Please know that payment information on our site is handled completely differently. It's not stored on our site and is encrypted. We do take the security of information very seriously, I promise. Thank you for understanding and hanging in there with us!
There is nothing more important than this one day.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Upload success! Thanks again, Kristi! :spyder: :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

All's well that ends well ... picture and data uploaded and confirmation received.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Worked on my end this time, thanks Kristi!
Josh
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Same here, worked perfect today. Thank you and feel free to contact with any issues and/or if full size or different format is needed.....
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Just re-uploaded mine, it seemed to work this time.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Image uploaded successfully. Thanks Kristi!
SjoerdS_

Post by SjoerdS_ »

I uploaded my picture! I hope it went well Taz. Can you maybe let me know? Thanks in advance!
Wralle

Post by Wralle »

Once again BIG thank you to Spyderco and all the amazing work they do!!!! Thank you for this competition and all your beautiful knives.
Well done again to all the winners, i now know i need to step up my game some more. :)
Matriarch 2, Manix 2 translucent blue, Manix 2 Carbon Fiber CPM154/S90V, Scorpious, PM2 S110V, Para 3 SPY27, Streetbeat FRN, Bug, Chaparral Rafir Noble, Chaparral Ti, Tenacious, Mule Team 21, Domino, Rhino, Spot, One Eyed Jack, Dogtag Ti, Native 5 Fluted CF, Amalgam, Coin 2017 :cool:
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, toto07:
Those first 3 links appear to be old links. The 4th link is on a site that I'm not familiar with. I'm sorry for your disappointment. Can you tell me what those links were meant to lead to?

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Congratulations to all the winners. I saw many of the photos a few days before the contest ended. Seeing the winner's list I am not surprised as these forumites always produce stunning images. dtoad, you're lucky I was busy this year.... :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

file uploaded :)
toto07

Post by toto07 »

KnOeFz wrote:file uploaded :)
uploaded uploaded... :)

https://i.imgur.com/cwVzVRE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XXiWd4A.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4441/355 ... 99fe_k.jpg
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/362774/2 ... e2_XXL.jpg

(I do not mind night clubs, discos, I just prefer natural light.
  No offense.)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

^ Disappointment is a part of life and now I am disappointed that you aren't disappointed that my pic didn't make it. What a downward spiral of disappointment. ;) :D

Seriously though, art is subjective and picking the winners this year could not have been easy. On top of that is the almost certainty that some folks are gonna be let down. Three years in a row I genuinely thought I had a chance. Was I bummed? Sure, for a minute, then I got over it and appreciated the fact that Spyderco does this for us. It was fun, exciting and I get a really cool calendar for free. You cannot have the highs without the lows. Fact. :cool:

The only thing lingering for me is how much better the pics have gotten each year. On one hand I am grateful that the competition has allowed me to elevate my picture taking but on the other hand if next years batch of pics are even better I am slowly going to get left behind. I will begin the quest for the perfect pic now and for that I am grateful. I do enjoy taking pics of knives.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:^ Disappointment is a part of life and now I am disappointed that you aren't disappointed that my pic didn't make it. What a downward spiral of disappointment. ;) :D

Seriously though, art is subjective and picking the winners this year could not have been easy. On top of that is the almost certainty that some folks are gonna be let down. Three years in a row I genuinely thought I had a chance. Was I bummed? Sure, for a minute, then I got over it and appreciated the fact that Spyderco does this for us. It was fun, exciting and I get a really cool calendar for free. You cannot have the highs without the lows. Fact. :cool:

The only thing lingering for me is how much better the pics have gotten each year. On one hand I am grateful that the competition has allowed me to elevate my picture taking but on the other hand if next years batch of pics are even better I am slowly going to get left behind. I will begin the quest for the perfect pic now and for that I am grateful. I do enjoy taking pics of knives.
Hey, Darby, maybe it will offset your disappointment about toto's lack of disappointment to know that I was disappointed about your pic not being picked. When I first saw it, it went to the top of my list and I was pretty confident it would be chosen. I was jealous of your deck boards and full, even lighting, and complementary burnt orange and green, and matching burnt orange day lily; but, offsetting my jealousy, I figured I'd get to look at your pic on my wall for a month ;) (for the record, I thought toto's picks were in the running, as I'm sure the were, along with a lot of others.)

But I think there were about 85 submissions this year, and I IMO they could have probably chosen three great calendars out of the bunch. Hey, now there's an idea, they could have a runner-up calendar :p -- I'd buy one.

Edited to include burnt orange day lily ;)
Last edited by DougC-3 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.