WTMEDC-Way Too Much Everyday Carry

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jaxonunit

WTMEDC-Way Too Much Everyday Carry

Post by jaxonunit »

I just got a Matriarch 2 lightweight and I'm a little infatuated with it. I didn't think I'd want to carry it all the time, but so far, I do.

Problem is, I don't want to stop carrying either of my other two constant carry options. The MUST HAVE is my trusty Man Bug. It actually does about 90% of everything I use a knife for, but the other 10% involves either utility knife stuff (straps, boxes, etc.) or cooking/eating. The latter being covered by whichever of the other eight Spydercos I have---usually my black G-10 Tenacious (AKA, "My Precious") For outdoor/hunting stuff, I like the Resilience, but usually wind up with the Tenacious anyway.

Then again, it's not really a problem. I guess I just need to cozy up to the idea of being a "three knife guy"---and maybe go ahead and prepare a statement for the arresting officer. :)

Tenacious Black Blade---Resilience---Persistence---Ambitious---Cara Cara 2---Hawkbill ---Manbug ---Tenacious Full SpyderEdge---Raven 2---Robin2---Matriarch 2

I'm only using black until Spyderco comes out with something darker.
Jazz

Re: WTMEDC-Way Too Much Everyday Carry

Post by Jazz »

I often have 3: a Manbug Salt lately, in bottom of front pocket or watch pocket, a midsize in front pocket, and larger in rear. At work, I carry 4.
- best wishes, Jazz.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Don't sweat it. I average three per pocket.
OkanSeven

Post by OkanSeven »

It won't get hard to cozy up to being a three knife guy. I switch off between my Roadie and Dragonfly ZDP-189 bottom of front left pocket, Sage 5 (until the Sliverax is released) in front right and switch off between Manix 2 LW and PM2 S110v in back pocket.

Plus a Leatherman Wave and Endura 4 in my pack..... I might have a problem haha
:spyder: CO1 Worker 2014 Sprint(x2)-Southard-Myrtle-PM2 S110v-Sage 5-Sliverax-Lum Tanto FB Sprint-Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189-Delica 4 G-10-Manix 2 FW-Endura 4-Tasman-Roadie-Delica 2 Stainless-Tenacious Turtle-Bug :spyder:

Dreaming for a Pacific Salt 2 FFG LC200n and a
Manix 2 XL back lock
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

The more the merrier they say. I carry more than 3 but less than 15 so I don't see a problem. Not sure why you're set on getting arrested though....
LDB

Post by LDB »

Tru-Spec cargo pants. Easily carry half a dozen knives like nothing and if you want to take the time positioning them in all the pockets and nooks carry about a dozen. Or go all out and use every available space and carry upwards of a couple dozen.
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

Hahaha, you guys are crazy, but awesome! I live in Phx so when wearing shorts at my desk job 1 knife is my max. But, on days in jeans or cargo pants 1 knife and 1 leatherman is usually good for me. Too much stuff in my pockets just bugs me. Wallet, key fob, cell, knife... any more and I get all pissy
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

If you count the Clipitool I often carry three knives. I also EDC a flashlight.

I second what LDB said. It is time to make high quality cargo pants a part of your hobby too. I have a set of Truspecs that I really like and I also have a set of Proppers. I also have a set of Duluth and a set of Carhartt cargos. There are quite a few other brands too and most of them make some models that are not too tactical if you don't like that look.

They run around $50 but they are high quality pants that will outlast any of the cargos at Walmart. They seem like they would be hard to rip and they are cut generously in the under carriage so you can do physical activity without feeling restricted. They usually have a little bit of elastic in the waist too, something I have appreciated more and more as I have gotten older.The Propper aren't water proof but they came with a stain proof treatment that makes most liquids bead right up and run off. Snow doesn't really stick to them either so they keep me dry in winter.
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

I agree, good pants are essential. I carry some of these combos all at once on my person and I've quickly gotten used to it.

A matter of time, and knife-nutterism!!

Good distribution and positioning is key, you end up forgetting they're there

toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Well, I carried 'an knife' for decades. For the last months I carry 2 or more, so I think you are completely sane carrying 3..... :D
olywa

Post by olywa »

I almost always have at least 3 knives on me:
- Titanium Boker Subcom as my money clip
- Manbug or GEC #25 in my coin/watch pocket
- Spydie folder (Dragonfly/Delica/Endura/Native 5 LW/Manix) clipped in my right front pocket

On weekends I usually add an Esee Izula or Esee 3 in a pocket sheath in my right rear pocket.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I always have at least two, and often three, depending on which set of keys I have with me. I carry a Delica, Manix, or etc., plus I will have at least a SAK Classic SD. Sometimes I will have one more knife. Scissors are a must have.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
LDB

Post by LDB »

The two knives stay in the house, one by my chair and one on my dresser. The other 9 are my WTMEDC, plus two SAK my best half gave me a couple of different xmases.
WTMEDC.JPG
Knife Knut

Post by Knife Knut »

Tool pouch for your hip? The Nite Ize Pock Its Mini perhaps? The J type clips Nite Ize uses on their products is quite secure.
https://www.google.com/search?q=nite+iz ... 64&bih=702

It is not my EDC, but when impending activities may be interesting and varied, I bring my Pock Its XL filled with small tools and a flashlight. It has saved the day many times, most recently with the small tape measure I keep in it; I was helping load a Uhaul and then put the stuff in self storage, and It was quite helpful in squeezing thing in.