Please Cutlery Shoppe. An Orange native 5 in S90V

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
illacky

Re: Please Cutlery Shoppe. An Orange native 5 in S90V

Post by illacky »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:This came in today :)

https://i.imgur.com/M2TDDFq.jpg

And it didn't take too long for it to turn into this ;)

https://i.imgur.com/dKEqEeF.jpg

I have a problem, I know... If you follow me on Instagram, you might notice another blade swap I did today ;). Cheers, Radioactive :)
Very nice!

Orange AND Black... is the new black :D
-Ivan
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Please Cutlery Shoppe Light Blue Native 5 in PE DLC LC200N :D The Orange looks good, functional.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Jimbo107

Post by Jimbo107 »

So, there will be a choice between satin and DLC blade when this releases?
ivtecdaily

Post by ivtecdaily »

Jimbo107 wrote:So, there will be a choice between satin and DLC blade when this releases?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-C41POR ... 7675.l2557

In the pictures on this one that sold the other day find the one with the Spyderco info sheet in it, and towards the bottom it says there will be a DLC blade available.
Slicydicey

Post by Slicydicey »

Slicydicey wrote:
ivtecdaily wrote:
Jbarnhill wrote:When will these be available? I keep waiting for them to come up on their site?
I would like to know this as well...I've been stalking it for three days, lol.
After my non stop refreshing of the Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive page, I eventually emailed and they said later this week.
Well this is disappointing. It's now sat morning and still no native 5 cutlery shoppe exclusive.
My spydie history Blue DELICA ffg, Dragonfly Salt, Orange dragonfly 2,Tenacious, PM2, Orange DELICA, Manix 2 LW S110V, Native 5 LW, para 3, cutlery shoppe orange S90V LW Native 5, Native 5 Salt
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Slicydicey wrote:
Slicydicey wrote:
ivtecdaily wrote:
Jbarnhill wrote:When will these be available? I keep waiting for them to come up on their site?
I would like to know this as well...I've been stalking it for three days, lol.
After my non stop refreshing of the Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive page, I eventually emailed and they said later this week.
Well this is disappointing. It's now sat morning and still no native 5 cutlery shoppe exclusive.
I called CS on Thursday. They said that they expect them next week, which contradicts what was said earlier in this thread regarding a delivery of this past week. Nonetheless, CS said to monitor their website and FB page.
embry386

Post by embry386 »

http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/spydercoc4 ... usive.aspx

Looks like they're available. :spyder: No image yet though. And no word on whether that DLC blade will be serrated or plainedge.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

embry386 wrote:http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/spydercoc4 ... usive.aspx

Looks like they're available. :spyder: No image yet though. And no word on whether that DLC blade will be serrated or plainedge.
I just spoke with them. They are expecting the shipment mid week. Your link is for preorder. The wait continues!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
sanman28

Post by sanman28 »

Sweet. Ordered.
Jimbo107

Post by Jimbo107 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:

I just spoke with them. They are expecting the shipment mid week. Your link is for preorder. The wait continues!
Did you happen to ask if the DLC blade is an option?
mn700vforce

Post by mn700vforce »

Got one on order
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Jimbo107 wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:

Did you happen to ask if the DLC blade is an option?

They said those are coming later. Didn't provide a time.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Looks like they copied/pasted from the S110V version, as the description is a mishmash of steel.
Spyderco’s Native® 5 Lightweight CPM S110V combines the highly evolved form, function, and ergonomics of the Native 5 Lightweight with state-of-the-art CPM® S110V blade steel.

This knife’s full-flat-ground CPM-S90V blade is paired with a lightweight, injection-molded orange fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle that features Bi-Directional Texturing™ for an exceptionally positive grip. Its refined back lock mechanism locks the blade securely in the open position and, together with the blade’s Trademark Round Hole™ and the handle’s versatile four-position pocket clip, make both the carry and operation of this unique knife completely ambidextrous.
Edit: I let Jeff know about the error, and it's been corrected now.
Last edited by jabba359 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

The DLC version will be much appreciated.

While I don't have a hybridizinator like RadSpyder, which he uses to wonderful effect, I was able to coax this mitotic doublet into fruition:

(apparently the pre-Druidic rune incantation was effective only during the solar eclipse--thus far...)

kind regards,
a n.on
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I still haven't seen it plainly stated anywhere that there would be a Native 5 with an orange handle and an S90V DLC blade. Am I overlooking something?

I have to confess that one reason for my curiosity is that I'm wondering if:

Orange Native S90V / Orange Native S90V DLC = Orange Manix S90V / Orange Manix S90V DLC

In other words, if they're going to have a DLC Native in this configuration, will they also have an Orange S90V DLC Manix?
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

DougC-3 wrote:I still haven't seen it plainly stated anywhere that there would be a Native 5 with an orange handle and an S90V DLC blade. Am I overlooking something?
Here it is in B & W. It has also been mentioned in reference to conversation with Jeff of CS, including *later* availability of DLC version.

As for your query re: Orange Manix in DLC, I've not heard of any such contemplations nor rumors-- but that may just reflect my ignorance.

kind regards,
a n.on
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Thanks, nicked.onaut. Now I can plainly see it in black & white. And I can hope for an orange S90V DLC Manix, though it doesn't seem too likely.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
sal

Post by sal »

Jeff at CS is a bit of a steel junky.

sal
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I hope the orange and black native comes out before Halloween, because I need a Halloween knife of course :D
Josh
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

sal wrote:Jeff at CS is a bit of a steel junky.

sal
Yup, eying all the feathers around here.

And BTW these are shipping out--received tracking info. (website says "Friday 8/31/17" , day /date error no worries)