New Models Dropped: N5 Fluted CF, Dog Tag 4, Para 3 S110V G-10, Para 3 blk/camo, Millie LH

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dplafoll

New Models Dropped: N5 Fluted CF, Dog Tag 4, Para 3 S110V G-10, Para 3 blk/camo, Millie LH

Post by dplafoll »

Thanks to Mark's Outdoors in Vestavia Hills, AL for the privilege of photographing their knives.

Album link: https://www.flickr.com/gp/57770516@N06/eeu66n
(Videos uploading as of post time)

ImageUntitled by dplafoll, on Flickr

NOTE: I didn't take quite as many pics this time, especially comparisons, because only one of these is a new design. And I won't talk much about design and ergos and such either, for the same reason. Also, this is my first post after getting a macro lens. Hopefully some of the shots give you more detail than before.

Native 5 Fluted Carbon Fiber S90V:
It's gorgeous and I wish I could afford it. Light, feels great. The CF isn't perfect but I would have no complaints.

Dog Tag Folder Gen4:
Sorry for a couple of pics of this that didn't turn out great. This is a neat little knife. I like the 2nd scale so it has a proper grind on it, and I like the update maker's mark.

Para 3 S110V G-10:

Para 3 Black / Camo G-10:
I am, as always, impressed by the black finish on the blade, even if this is nowhere near my preferences aesthetically.

Military Left Hand:
As with the Para Military 2 LH, I am still amused and impressed that they reversed the text. It's not practically necessary, but it feels like a detail that matters.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Mushroom

Re: New Models Dropped: N5 Fluted CF, Dog Tag 4, Para 3 S110V G-10, Para 3 blk/camo, Millie LH

Post by Mushroom »

Cant wait to get the Gen 4 Dogtag! Thanks for posting the comparison pictures as well! :spyder:

New makers mark looks great too, I much prefer the new one!
-Nick :bug-red
Liquid Cobra

Re: New Models Dropped: N5 Fluted CF, Dog Tag 4, Para 3 S110V G-10, Para 3 blk/camo, Millie LH

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The macro shots are great, way to step it up! As always, much appreciated that you continue to bring us these photos.

That CF Native will be mine. Oh yes.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Our man Patrick on the scene. Thanks for the pics.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Thanks again for the effort!
johnson

Post by johnson »

Please correct me if I'm seeing wrong in the pictures of the Para 3's. Is the rounded edges on the scales gone ? The pictures in the mid year product guide shows them rounded like the original Para 3.
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

johnson wrote:Please correct me if I'm seeing wrong in the pictures of the Para 3's. Is the rounded edges on the scales gone ? The pictures in the mid year product guide shows them rounded like the original Para 3.
I think I see what you mean; the edges might be less rounded than the original Para 3. I think Sal & Co. would need to weigh in on that to be sure it's an actual change or if it's just a trick of the light or variance in manufacturing.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2