White vs. Yellow box labels

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
LDB

White vs. Yellow box labels

Post by LDB »

Most of my boxes have white labels but a few have yellow. What, if anything, does it signify and why the difference?
farnorthdan

Re: White vs. Yellow box labels

Post by farnorthdan »

Yellow indicates serrated blade
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
LDB

Post by LDB »

Well duh. Thanks. I figured it was something simple that I wasn't thinking about.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

farnorthdan wrote:Yellow indicates serrated blade
It also indicates combo edges too. All of my Catcherman CE models that I was looking at today all had yellow labels and they are all combo edges. Come to think of it I've never owned nor ever seen a full plain edged Catcherman model.

Also I was looking at my combo edged, Japan made Renegade and Blackhawk models in CE>> they have yellow labels too.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

Maybe I knew this at one point, but I was wondering the same thing when I got my salt 2 with its yellow label. Makes perfect sense now.