Updated Military on Spyderco's Website?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ekimox

Updated Military on Spyderco's Website?

Post by ekimox »

Hello,

I'm a long time forum lurker but not new to Spyderco's. I've been looking to purchase a Military and I just noticed that on Spyderco's website each of the "basic" Military's all seem to have the updated stop pin and enlarged lanyard hole. I can't tell by the photos but I would assume that they would all have the open back like the most recent Sprint runs. The black DLC Military even shows it as having all black hardware as well which I have not seen previously.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... -Blade/114

When I look online at various knife retailers they all seem to show the older/original style of Military's. I called my local knife shop and they didn't know anything about them and only stock the original ones.

Does anyone know when these will be in stores or have the updated Military's been shipping for a while now?

Much appreciated!

Thanks.
Evil D

Re: Updated Military on Spyderco's Website?

Post by Evil D »

I can't speak for Spyderco but I'd assume that most of what you see online is Photoshop but it's sure to be a rolling change and that may take time. You may also have issues buying one since most retailers aren't gonna want to sit on old stock. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them eventually mark down the older version.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

All of the old existing stock is still out there. Most vendors will likely sell off the older version before shipping out the newer version.

I would expect online vendors to have outdated pics in this case for quite some time.

If you want the newer version you should get on the phone and start calling Knifeworks, BladeHQ, Knifecenter and the other large online dealers and ask them. If they have some new ones they would probably sell you a new one if you ask. They all have great customer service.

Welcome to the forum!!!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ekimox

Post by ekimox »

Thanks for the replies so far. Does anyone know when the updated Military's started shipping? Being such a popular knife I'm surprised there wasn't some kind of announcement. I also called and spoke with one of the largest knife retailers in Canada (I'm in Vancouver) and they didn't have any of the new ones in stock yet. I'd like to wait and get the updated version if possible but my impatience is setting in :)
ekimox

Post by ekimox »

Just saw this thread explaining the CQI upgrades: //forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... =2&t=75430

Not sure if a MOD can close this thread. Thanks.