EBay

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Halfneck

Re: EBay

Post by Halfneck »

The problem is bad enough on ebay that I have not bought a knife off there in years. It's bad enough that the last couple times I sold a knife on there I had interested parties asking for additional pics or knowledgeable questions as they'd try to verify the knife I was selling was legit.

I'm not optimistic in the lawsuit making an impact, but I hope I am wrong. Heck I'd just be happy if the number of "Is my Spyderco real" posts go down on the various knife forums as a result.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

I hope this succeeds, Ebay needs an incentive to stop collecting seller fees on counterfeits and start suspending sellers who willfully misrepresent their products!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
anycal

Post by anycal »

I got a box of 1000ct plastic shopping bags from them recently. 100 bags into it, so far so good...

Never bought a knife, and wouldn't buy electronics from there. But if you are looking for parts, some of the chop shops are pretty good.
Peter
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Bravo! I hope Spyderco preveils.

While it is a tough problem for eBay, it's not like they haven't had the fakes pointed out time after time. Some of the common and obvious fakes could have been controlled by the picture alone.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It doesn't look like ebay is listening

http://www.ebay.com/itm/352138108231?ul_noapp=true
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian