If you could keep only one Spyderco, which one would it be?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
npad69

Re: If you could keep only one Spyderco, which one would it be?

Post by npad69 »

probably my spydiechef
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

folder, Pacific Salt
fixed, Aqua Salt

overall, Pacific Salt
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Cruwear Military.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Delica.. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

I'll just presume this would be 1 Spydie for use, like for instance going back on the road for a year and picking 1 knife to bring.

My top 3 would be the Manix 2 Backlock, the PM 2 and the Stretch 2.
I think I'd probably end up with the Stretch 2 (mine is VG10 with FRN) I really like a slim profile on a blade and prefer a backlock and FRN.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Pacific Salt.

There are numerous things I prefer about other designs to the Pacific Salt (Pointier tip, FFG, longer blade etc.), but none of those knives are such a well rounded EDC knife for me.

Light, tough, cheap, carries well, carries safe with a strong self close, easy to open and close with either hand, and rust PROOF head to toe which is a big deal to me in coastal florida.

I have six of them sitting in boxes as backup to my PE and SE users, I like them that much. Will probably buy a few more when the Pac Salt 2 is introduced and the 1's start to dry up, as I prefer the first iteration.

Like Thepeacant I'd choose an Aqua Salt for my only fixed blade, but Pacific Salt is hands down my #1 choice if it's one knife, and one knife only.
jonnieb

Post by jonnieb »

Probably one of my Gayle Bradleys, GB1 or GB2. Deciding between them, now that would be a hard choice!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

It's been at least 20 knives since I last answered this question, and my answer is still my Cruwear Military.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

If I was backed into a corner and was told or mandated that I had to pick just one of my SPYDERS then it would be my C-44 Dyad model. It's a double bladed model with one full plain edged blade and one full Spyderedged blade.

I hope I never have to make that decision but if I did I can't think of a better model to survive on other than the C-44 Dyad model.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

That's a tough one. I can narrow it down to three, but choosing one would be...impossible. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

Assuming this is some kind of apocalyptic scenario where I have to go on the run and can’t pack anything extra...

Aqua Salt.

Very little maintenance, light weight, corrosion proof, strength of a fixed blade.

If we’re talking looks, the yet released SpydieChef XL!!! Let’s get that one already!
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
jdw

Post by jdw »

Gayle Bradley. Great ergos. Great steel.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

illacky wrote:If you had to give up all but one, what would be your choice?

You monster. :p

That's a tough choice. Based on purely practical reasons, probably my PM2. There are others in there that would be fine choices for a purely practical single-knife option.
But, in reality, if you put a gun to my head, it would be the Delica. Not because it's my "best" knife (though it's no slouch), but because it has the most sentimental value to me of all the Spyderco knives that I have.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
illacky

Post by illacky »

dplafoll wrote:
illacky wrote:If you had to give up all but one, what would be your choice?

You monster. :p

That's a tough choice. Based on purely practical reasons, probably my PM2. There are others in there that would be fine choices for a purely practical single-knife option.
But, in reality, if you put a gun to my head, it would be the Delica. Not because it's my "best" knife (though it's no slouch), but because it has the most sentimental value to me of all the Spyderco knives that I have.
LOL

The Delica is how I got started on Spyderco. Unfortunately I lost that Delica moving trucks in a snowstorm at work. I found out months later that one of my employees at the time found it and set it on top of the time clock thinking the rightful owner would find it there. Needless to say the rightful owner does not have it now. I keep hoping it will make its way back to me as it is sentimental to me as well. Maybe it's time to purchase a replacement :D
-Ivan
ivtecdaily

Post by ivtecdaily »

Delica 4 probably in VG-10. It's just the best all-arounder that I have. Thinking about buying a Salt 2, so maybe that if I get one, who knows.
krikun98

Post by krikun98 »

M4 Military. Getting out of the forest after using this one right now, and it's excellent.
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

S110V Military :)
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

ivtecdaily wrote:Delica 4 probably in VG-10. It's just the best all-arounder that I have. Thinking about buying a Salt 2, so maybe that if I get one, who knows.
Exactly my opinion!
Hardbawl

Post by Hardbawl »

The ParaMilitary 2 Left Hand. This is Sal's wonderful gift to the left handed world and the perfect pocket knife.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd probably choose a Military but if I could only have one knife I may go with my custom Manix 2 since a smaller knife may be better suited for use in questionable situations whereas there are definitely times when I hesitate to use my Military. There's more to this question than just picking out your favorite.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David