Military CQI

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ekimox

Re: Military CQI

Post by ekimox »

Any word on when the regular CQI models are going to be hitting retailers? I just started a thread about this before seeing this one.
hoghunter82

Post by hoghunter82 »

I wasn't able to call spyderco today, but all of the reputable dealers have responded that they haven't received any of the new regular CQI Millies yet.
hoghunter82

Post by hoghunter82 »

UPDATE: I called & spoke with the wonderful folks at Spyderco and they do indeed have the CQI Millies in the standard S30V models. I had a discount/credit from a warranty repair & was able to use it for the order. I went ahead and got Camo/DLC. None of the authorized dealers seemed to have the standard CQI, so I was super excited to get one of these CQI Millies direct from Spyderco!
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

It was interesting tonsee the new Military CQI at Blade and to speak to Eric about it.

As a fan of the original what I liked is that the new CQI do not have the original bushing type system the Para has, what I also noticed was the larger detent ball and better detent retention.

The rest of the things I do not care much about as they do not effect the function that much. Luke the larger lanyard hole.

All and all after handling one of the new CQI Militarys and speakinf to Eric I feel it is well tought out improvements and I see one in my future. Maybe next year at Blade.

This from a person that thought the Military cannot be improved upon and was havy critical in my own mind about the new CQIs.
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

What's the difference between the CQI Millies and the other ones? All I have is the s110v and cts-204p so I thought they were all like this
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
vivi

Post by vivi »

Midnightrider wrote:What's the difference between the CQI Millies and the other ones? All I have is the s110v and cts-204p so I thought they were all like this
Different stop pin design, more rounded clip,and larger lanyard tube I believe.

Really old millies had a single liner, weighed a touch less, and had different jimping on the thumb ramp. I believe they also modified the jimping on the lock release slightly.
:unicorn
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Newer style pivot bushing, floating stop pin, larger handle screws, removed the back spacer, larger lanyard tube, rounded clip. I can't verify the larger detent ball but it wouldn't surprise me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

To me the detent feels strong in the CQI Millies I have. Hard to say it's stronger than the original for sure though since they wear with age and new ones have always felt strong to me.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

id keep your eye out on the sale forums.... the s90v cf/ti model comes up for sale fairly often at a huge discount from the 280 asking price that knife works is trying to get. I'm considering paying the full asking just to have it but we shall see!
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

Thanks for the info guys
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)