Any XHP Sprints or exclusives planned?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ryno

Any XHP Sprints or exclusives planned?

Post by Ryno »

I would really like to try this steel. I would also like to try it in a PM2 or Para 3. Are there any plans to release XHP in either of those models in the future?
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
Sharp Guy

Re: Any XHP Sprints or exclusives planned?

Post by Sharp Guy »

I don't know about future releases but I see the orange PM2 Cutlery Shoppe exclusives come up for sale every once in awhile on the BF Exchange.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Donut

Post by Donut »

You can get a standard production XHP Chaparral for a reasonable price.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

Sharp Guy wrote:I don't know about future releases but I see the orange PM2 Cutlery Shoppe exclusives come up for sale every once in awhile on the BF Exchange.
I've thought about the orange one, but they want such a premium and I don't like the look of coated blades. It may end up being my only route though.
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

Donut wrote:You can get a standard production XHP Chaparral for a reasonable price.
I've never handled a Chaparral. How does it compare to a dragonfly or delica?
Ryan

Donut

Post by Donut »

It's pretty awesome. The Dragonfly and Delica are kind of thin from spine to grip on the handle. The Chaparral fills your hand more. The quality of the knives out of Taichung, Taiwan are very good.

I think the only drawback is that with the thin-ness of the blade and the thin-ness of the handle, if you're really pushing on something it can put some pressure on your hand.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Chap is like a Dragonfly in a slightly larger size. A like it better as an "only" knife than the Dragonfly. You really can't go wrong with a Chap.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

There was also a non coated PM2 exclusive, they pop up from time to time but pretty pricey. Quit a few other models with XHP, maybe a Techno or Domino. BHQ has search filter to help narrow down models.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I love my XHP lw Manix2
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I missed out on the M2 XHP :( I had to buy a thousand dollars worth of motorcycle tires and was saving up for one, but I was not in time.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Then Foundry and the Hungarian both have xhp if the Slysz is too pricey.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Spydergirl88 wrote:I love my XHP lw Manix2
Ditto.

Especially at the price, it's a great knife.
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

My S110V Manix 2 LW was for me a game changer. I waited too long till the brown XHP M2 LW was out of stock. :(

I inquired about a re-release, and the reply from KC said it was up to Spyderco.
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

I don't know if a PM 2 or Para 3 will be released in XHP but I believe the Rhino will be in XHP now. It should be slightly bigger than the DF2. I too want to try XHP and I think I'll try it out with the Rhino.
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

I think a Para 3 in XHP would be neat, maybe in gun metal grey or maroon scales.
Ryan

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I don't know about the rest of you, but Rhino what XHP blade I'm waiting for...
.jpg
:D
999.jpg
No pre-order yet, but like any day now right?
http://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco- ... te-handle/
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

ZrowsN1s wrote:I don't know about the rest of you, but Rhino what XHP blade I'm waiting for...
I see what you did there.
Ryan

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Ryno wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:I don't know about the rest of you, but Rhino what XHP blade I'm waiting for...
I see what you did there.
:D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

The Manix 2 LW Brown scales w/XHP only just recently sold out man! Because they were a dealer exclusive and not a sprint, there were a lot, and you can still find them NIB for a decent price on the secondary market. If you like the Manix 2 platform this would be a great way to get into XHP for under $100.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
Koop

Post by Koop »

It's what I carry most often.
PM2 Camo DLC S30V - Chaparral XHP - Delica 4 VG-10 -Manix 2 LW CTS BD1 - Manix 2 LW KC Exclusive XHP - Tenacious 8Cr13MoV - Dragonfly VG10 - PM3 Sprint Cruwear Light Gray G10 - K08 Santoku