Paramilitary - the complete set of utter goodness

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WCC

Paramilitary - the complete set of utter goodness

Post by WCC »

The Paramilitary is one of my favourite EDC knives. I especially like the PM2 serrated edge model and am glad it finally found its way back to production after the PM1 was discontinued.

RLR

Re: Paramilitary - the complete set of utter goodness

Post by RLR »

Agree! Ok cheating a little with the aftermarket scales...
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Yes, I'd say you loooooove your Para's. Great collection. Thanks for sharing.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

I would say not only the PM2, but also the PM3 and the Millie. That is a set of goodness that covers all bases.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

I dont see the two rough-textured G10 factory defect models in there ;) :D
palonej

Post by palonej »

A most EXCELLENT collection WCC!! I remember a couple years ago when you got started and bought a bunch at one time off the BF Exchange!!
Thanks for posting the pic!!
Joe
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

palonej wrote:A most EXCELLENT collection WCC!! I remember a couple years ago when you got started and bought a bunch at one time off the BF Exchange!!
Joe
Yes - this is an impressive collection!
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

WCC wrote:The Paramilitary is one of my favourite EDC knives. I especially like the PM2 serrated edge model and am glad it finally found its way back to production after the PM1 was discontinued.

Do you accept paypal? :D

The PM2 was the only Spyderco I had more than two of.
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

I have a few PM2's after not having any for a couple years. 2 in CPM M4, 2 in Cruwear, and 1 in S110V. I plan on getting the 52100 PM2 (hopefully 2) when they drop. The design is very good and ergonomic and carries very nicely with its size. The factory edge is a little thick for my liking, so I've had the S110V and 1 of my CPM M4 models reground by Tom Krein very thin. I plan to have 1 of my Cruwear models ground very thin, possible even to a full zero to test out how it does on a very thin knife.
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

WHere did you find the DLC w/SPydie Edge?
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

Hopweaver wrote:WHere did you find the DLC w/SPydie Edge?
I believe that is an original Paramilitary (1). That whole group is.
WCC

Post by WCC »

palonej wrote:A most EXCELLENT collection WCC!! I remember a couple years ago when you got started and bought a bunch at one time off the BF Exchange!!
Joe
Hey Joe, hope you are well. You're absolutely correct, I did manage to get a good start by buying the initial four sprints. :D
roger-roger wrote: Do you accept paypal? :D
Of course I do. :D
dreadpirate wrote:I would say not only the PM2, but also the PM3 and the Millie. That is a set of goodness that covers all bases.
I have a lot of the Millies and Para 3s but they aren't Paramilitary knives. :D But, I totally agree, they're also great. I also enjoy carrying a Military - fortunately we don't have blade restriction knife laws.
Last edited by WCC on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
WCC

Post by WCC »

Hopweaver wrote:WHere did you find the DLC w/SPydie Edge?
I have two or more of quite a few of the entire Paramilitary range. I just found a pic of the two I have of the serrated edge PM1 in DLC. Photobucket and their nonsense caused me a lot of grief so still trying to sort all my 'online' pics out. :mad:

It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears! :D Fortunately, I have a few good 'internet friends' on here that also helped me out by giving me a heads up when they saw one for sale. :)
WCC

Post by WCC »

KnickKnackCity wrote:I dont see the two rough-textured G10 factory defect models in there ;) :D
I actually have one, but don’t regard it as part of the official line. I think there may be a number of small variations and differences over the production years one could include, but since it wasn’t ‘officially planned for’, where do you draw the line? A few guys also had special requests where Sal customized some knives, for example by grinding a serrated edge. I’ve decided to follow the Spydiewiki religiously from a pure collecting all the models point of view. :)
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Great collection.I never could fall in love with the PM2.Its a great knife,but the Endura is the one for me.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Thanks for the awesome pic! It took me a while to come around, but this M4 exclusive showed me the light.

I adhered to the "one per customer" rule and deeply regret it. Really wish I had a back up of this beauty.
Perry Knife Works

Post by Perry Knife Works »

WCC wrote:The Paramilitary is one of my favourite EDC knives. I especially like the PM2 serrated edge model and am glad it finally found its way back to production after the PM1 was discontinued.

Sweet collection of Para's!
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Sweet collection, killer pic ...... I share your same illness but with the full size Military. Let me know if you find a good doc or cure. :).
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

That is a fantastic collection. I also think it is one of the great knives of all time. This one has been an on and off daily carry for a couple of years.
Attachments
IMG_0445.jpg
WCC

Post by WCC »

Thanks for the compliments guys.
abbazaba wrote:Thanks for the awesome pic! It took me a while to come around, but this M4 exclusive showed me the light.
That M4 is a great steel. :)
dtoad wrote:Sweet collection, killer pic ...... I share your same illness but with the full size Military. Let me know if you find a good doc or cure. :).
I like the Millies as well. I'm actually carrying this one today. :D
Archimedes wrote:That is a fantastic collection. I also think it is one of the great knives of all time. This one has been an on and off daily carry for a couple of years.
Lovely blade and at only 300 pieces it is tough/expensive to find these days. Besides the CF S90V C81CFP2, that one was probably my most expensive one to obtain.