I'm bummed...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SC_PATRIOT

I'm bummed...

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Thought the subject would get EVERYONE to read this post! I'm bummed because I look at the list of all upcoming Spydies and money that I need to acquire to obtain them. However!!! Nowhere on the upcoming list of knives is ever another Spyderco Manix 2 XL. I have the black, satin, and s90v. Can we have this year another one in say gray G10 or CF in either the Maxamet, Cruwear, or S110v.
Oh my goodness could 10v happen. Not sure what profits are earned from the XLs but I'm in need of a Sprint or exclusive XL! Need some input to get his going. The PM2s are almost Sprinted out now anyway. Can we see something this year happen?
glutofknives

Re: I'm bummed...

Post by glutofknives »

I'm so ready for a maxamet or s110v manix xl. I would LOVE to see it in orange g-10 with any steel.
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

I agree. Bring on the S110v Manix 2 xl. Or perhaps, a personal request, CPM 10v with navy blue G10.

A Manix 2 xl backlock would also be welcome.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would like to see one in Cruwear, M4, 3V or 4V. I would take one in orange G10 and XHP too.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I am hoping for a Manix 2 BL in K390. What I hope is mainly for a M2 XL BL in any higher end steel (no BD-1, please...not that this is not good stuff, just not what I want).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Hmmm. I believe the interest is here! Everyone is stating the words,. hoping, wishing, and wanting.
Taz, Sal, ? Anyone out there! Jk. Not.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

CruWear would be a perfect alloy for the XL, I don't have one yet, but would definitely pick one up in CruWear! S110V would get me on board as well...
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I dunno, I do wonder why there haven't been more sprints or exclusives for the XL, and I think unfortunately that may be a sign that it isn't a hot seller. They never took chances like they have with other models, for example the Para 3 that's basically debuting with sprints.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

Cruwear would be very cool too, K390 or 10v as well. Maybe keep it in G10 to keep it affordable?
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

+1 for Manix XL with Cruwear and gray G10.
sal

Post by sal »

We'll watch the thread. There is some activity with exclusives.

sal
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Now my day is done! Thanks for your omnipresent ears Mr. Sal Glessner. Talk is good enough for me.
vanka

Post by vanka »

It might not be a hot seller, but it's still in production. For many years. And that speaks a lot. It sells. Maybe it is a slow seller but still. Otherwise it would have been discontinued long time ago. So i do hope there is a chance for a production model with upgraded steel or a sprint. Actually i'm 95% sure that it will happen - upgraded steel or a sprint. Question is - when? Pretty sure pipelines are busy pumping new knives for us, so the thing is for a window in the production line so the manix2 xl could sneak in. :D
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Agreed on the fact that it may not be a smoking hot seller like the PM2 &3 or even the regular manix but it does sell. Also agreed that many new models and variations are coming out. My deal is that i use the larger (xl) Manix more at home than anywhere. It is pretty much a fixed blade with a joint. Also i believe in the larger size of the XL a backlock would be redundant based on how strong the ball bearing lock is. I was thinking about this post last night and decided to care my XL while walking the dog at 10:00 for 2 miles. Always want to take a blade with me no matter what. And it never seems as heavy as you suspect.
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

SC_PATRIOT wrote:Thought the subject would get EVERYONE to read this post! I'm bummed because I look at the list of all upcoming Spydies and money that I need to acquire to obtain them. However!!! Nowhere on the upcoming list of knives is ever another Spyderco Manix 2 XL. I have the black, satin, and s90v. Can we have this year another one in say gray G10 or CF in either the Maxamet, Cruwear, or S110v.
Oh my goodness could 10v happen. Not sure what profits are earned from the XLs but I'm in need of a Sprint or exclusive XL! Need some input to get his going. The PM2s are almost Sprinted out now anyway. Can we see something this year happen?
Lol I just said basically the same thing in another thread. +1. A manix 2 xl in any of those three steels means I'm buying one.
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

I just handled a Manix 2 XL yesterday at the SFO. It's a very nice handful of knife, and I'd love to get one in a higher end steel.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

I have lost all restraints. I just got a HAP 40 Endura used, and a Millie in 52100. A knife each month with no end in sight.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

I'm not bummed but anxiously optimistic. Just bumping this post back up to express the interest and "NEED" for a Manix XL sprint. As per Sal there is exclusive "chatter". Problem is ive got so many of the new models ill have to break the bank to get an XL. And of course 1 won't do.
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

I would buy a Manix 2 XL with the current .125" blade thickness, in a non-stainless steel like K390, PMA11, and especially Maxamet, even if it were only offered in Hot Pink G-10. :eek:
The Manix 2 XL really does need some options in a high end tool steel, even if only in a Sprint Run or Dealer Exclusive.
I have my money ready ....... :)
The Snowman

Post by The Snowman »

glutofknives wrote:I'm so ready for a maxamet or s110v manix xl. I would LOVE to see it in orange g-10 with any steel.
That's what you have custom scales for! :D I knew a real kind fellow who used to create custom scales, and mailed me some every so often.
~Jonathan, the Snowman.