Phil Wilson Thoughts on Steels

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RLDubbya

Re: Phil Wilson Thoughts on Steels

Post by RLDubbya »

wrdwrght wrote:I've been carrying my S90V Manix2 XL this past week and doing some yard work with it (my Tasman Salt still rules out there).

Figured I need to carry a bigger knife so I'm not shocked when the Police4 finally comes to hand.

Rather than use a box cutter (my usual tool) for all that awaits me in the garage, I think I'll use the Manix so I have a reason to sharpen it...
CURSES!

Foiled again.
DougC-3

Re: Phil Wilson Thoughts on Steels

Post by DougC-3 »

RLDubbya wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:Thanks for the Phil Wilson articles.

<snip, cut>

I'll have to dig a little deeper to see if I can come up with any justification for my notion that I like S90V better than S110V. That's one of my excuses for the fact that a couple of hours ago I ordered a Blurple S110V Manix2 to compare to my much liked S90V Manix2 XL.
You are welcome.

I think you just need to send that Manix XL in S90V to me, and I'll use it for a couple years, returning it with a full write-up comparing it to an S110V Manix. I would do this at no charge to you in the interest of science. Drop me a PM for my address.
I'd love to do that, but that would leave me with only my 2014 Forum LtWt Native 5 in S90V to test... and I really need both it and the XL, to average out to the size of the blurple Manix... so I guess that leaves you foiled by both me and wrdwght, but wait, I could send them to you after I get through testing, and I could send the blurple Manix as well, to keep the controls consistent ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.