Casey Lynch Short Clip vs. MXG Gear Short Clip

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rutger

Re: Casey Lynch Short Clip vs. MXG Gear Short Clip

Post by Rutger »

The clip on the blue knife looks 100x better. Better stonewashed and the sides not sharp.
The new clip looks like its sanded or brushed on the flat metal surface for that look. It doesn't appear to be stonewashed. The finish is too rough for that.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:03 pm
Earlier in this thread Liquid Cobra had posted a pic of a short Lynch clip and MXG clip. In his pic the finish of the Lynch didn't look very good. I didn't remember any of mine being that way but I never really looked until tonight.

Pictured below are two short Lynch clips with sandwashed finish. Both are the new style. I just received the one on the left a week ago but looked at it for the first time tonight. I've had the one on the right for several months. As you can see the clip on the right looks much better than the one on the left. I plan on contacting Casey to ask about it.

EDIT: I've since contacted Casey Lynch regarding the finish issue mentioned in this post. I just want to say that Mr. Lynch was very apologetic. He said that he had an issue with the titanium that's being supplied to him and that these shouldn't have been sent to me. He's sending me replacement clips for the ones I just received. As RadioactiveSpyder has said, LynchNW communication and service is excellent!

Some image quality was lost when I uploaded to imgur but you should be able to see the difference pretty well.

I've quoted my post from last week to bring attention to an edit I made.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Hmm...maybe I should get in touch with him as well. See if I can send these back. Thanks for sharing Sharp Guy.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
fatsubie

Post by fatsubie »

I don’t care what brand, and they should be $5.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:39 pm
Hmm...maybe I should get in touch with him as well. See if I can send these back. Thanks for sharing Sharp Guy.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81489
racerx454

Post by racerx454 »

For what it is worth, I have one of Casey's clips on my Para Military 2. I also had trouble installing it, contacted Casey, and he took care of mounting it for me and getting my knife back to me quickly and all without charge. I cannot think of better customer service. He earned my loyalty! I also greatly appreciate the fact he makes the clips in the USA.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

racerx454 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:30 am
For what it is worth, I have one of Casey's clips on my Para Military 2. I also had trouble installing it, contacted Casey, and he took care of mounting it for me and getting my knife back to me quickly and all without charge. I cannot think of better customer service. He earned my loyalty! I also greatly appreciate the fact he makes the clips in the USA.
Your ears must be ringing, I literally just ordered the Para 3 specific clip directly from him since their not in stock anywhere at moment. Just sent the payment and then hopped back on here and see this post haha.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

To follow up on my previous posts. As promised, Casey sent me replacement clips for the ones that had some issues. His communication was excellent while I was waiting for him to make a new batch of clips. Then new clips look great and I'm very happy. Just for information, I had told Casey that he didn't need to send a replacement for the DLC clip since it was coated and looked fine to me. He wouldn't hear of it and sent it along with the sand washed clip. He really does stand behind his products and goes above and beyond to provide excellent service.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:57 am
To follow up on my previous posts. As promised, Casey sent me replacement clips for the ones that had some issues. His communication was excellent while I was waiting for him to make a new batch of clips. Then new clips look great and I'm very happy. Just for information, I had told Casey that he didn't need to send a replacement for the DLC clip since it was coated and looked fine to me. He wouldn't hear of it and sent it along with the sand washed clip. He really does stand behind his products and goes above and beyond to provide excellent service.
That's great to hear Pat! Casey is a top notch guy!
Josh
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:22 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:57 am
That's great to hear Pat! Casey is a top notch guy!
This is absolutely true. Back when I ran my self defense carry website Casey sent me a clip for a Delica to use and review. His communication was frequent and straight forward. Answered all of my questions and was always available when needed. Buying gear from him is also supporting a fine man and excellent customer care. I’m always willing to pay for that.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation