Some pics of the new SALT 2 (Yellow SE)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Re: Some pics of the new SALT 2 (Yellow SE)

Post by elena86 »

Nice work man :cool:

Marius
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

This is awesome thank you for sharing!

What did you do to the clip? I didn't see it mentioned in the thread. Looks great.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Liquid Cobra wrote:This is awesome thank you for sharing!

What did you do to the clip? I didn't see it mentioned in the thread. Looks great.
I removed it from the knife and put it in a paper plate and sprayed it with paint stripper from Home Depot. I spray the stripper on the clip until I can't see the clip any longer. It looks like a small pile of paint stripper. After 15 minutes I just wipe all the paint off with a paper towel. Wash with soap and water and put back on the knife. In the latter pics the clip had been hit with a scotch-brite pad just to make it a tad lighter in color.

And, thanks!
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Leadsled

Post by Leadsled »

Any possible way to post a pic of the skeletonized scales that seem to be causing anguish?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Leadsled wrote:Any possible way to post a pic of the skeletonized scales that seem to be causing anguish?

You speaking of the Salt 2 scales? I'll be happy to dissemble and post pics if people want it. I have no need for myself but I have no problem doing so if other people would like to see it.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Babalu32

Post by Babalu32 »

Id like to see it. I have one on the way. There are no washers in these correct?
Leadsled

Post by Leadsled »

David Lowry wrote:
Leadsled wrote:Any possible way to post a pic of the skeletonized scales that seem to be causing anguish?

You speaking of the Salt 2 scales? I'll be happy to dissemble and post pics if people want it. I have no need for myself but I have no problem doing so if other people would like to see it.
I think you can get a good enough angle without disassembly.
Just curious as it was brought up in another thread. Only have a translucent Manix 2 that would be similar in the skeletonized scales. Never thought about it until now.
I have several Salts and D3 and E3 but those are two halves fused together without a back spacer.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Is the blade magnetized? And can you slip a piece of paper between the scales and back spacer ala the FRCP Manix 2?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

- best wishes, Jazz.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Old post, I know... but it was the best source of eye candy while I was deciding between the Salt 2 and the Saver Salt. I’m sure it had nothin to do with my decision to buy the Salt 2... 🙄