Help with a Goddard Jr. Please

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Candyman

Help with a Goddard Jr. Please

Post by Candyman »

i happened to make the acquaintance of a guy at Blade Show a couple weeks ago and of course I talked his ear off about Spyderco. Well, he asked for my address cause he wanted to send me something. This came in the mail today and my jaw dropped. Just goes to show there are still good people left in this world. Well, i noticed there is an engraving on the blade and was wondering whether this is just something that someone engraved to mark it as their own or if some of them possibly came with this engraving.

Thanks, Rich
Think for yourself
ZrowsN1s

Re: Help with a Goddard Jr. Please

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The WG is probably Wayne Goddard #4. Cool. (makers mark)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Hello Rich,

Mrs. Phyllis Goddard, the wife from the maker Wayne, ordered then some hundred (500?) plain C18 Goddard Jrs. as limited edition. IIRC they were only available from her. All plain Goddard Jrs. I've seen in the past have the special number engravings, my specimen has WG #12 and on the back side of the blade again an engraving with 112.
My pleasure to serve you ... :)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Peter1960 wrote:Hello Rich,

Mrs. Phyllis Goddard, the wife from the maker Wayne, ordered then some hundred (500?) plain C18 Goddard Jrs. as limited edition. IIRC they were only available from her. All plain Goddard Jrs. I've seen in the past have the special number engravings, my specimen has WG #12 and on the back side of the blade again an engraving with 112.
My pleasure to serve you ... :)
Peter, thank you very much for the response back! This helps out a lot. I've been searching for information like crazy through the night, hahaha.

Rich
Think for yourself
foofie

Post by foofie »

Thanks Peter! Mine says WG #142, with backside saying 242. Now I understand.