2018 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

Re: 2018 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Forum name: Johnnie1801
Knife model: Paramilitary 2 C81GM4P2

The Paramilitary 2 was the first Spyderco I bought and I carry one almost every day. The design fits my hand perfectly and the wide variety of handle configurations and steels make the knife exciting to collect. I waited a long time for an M4 PM2 to be released and thanks to one of my forum friends I was able to get one. I always enjoy participating in the calendar contest and it inspired me to start the photo of the week competition. Not only do I have a knife collection hobby but thanks to Spyderco I have also become a keen photographer. I have my fingers crossed that finally both my hobbies will be rewarded.

Thank you Spyderco for the opportunity :)

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
OkanSeven

Post by OkanSeven »

Great competition this year, keep them coming!!!
:spyder: CO1 Worker 2014 Sprint(x2)-Southard-Myrtle-PM2 S110v-Sage 5-Sliverax-Lum Tanto FB Sprint-Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189-Delica 4 G-10-Manix 2 FW-Endura 4-Tasman-Roadie-Delica 2 Stainless-Tenacious Turtle-Bug :spyder:

Dreaming for a Pacific Salt 2 FFG LC200n and a
Manix 2 XL back lock
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey guys,
These are two of my favorites to carry.
The Spydiechef makes for a great all around edc.
The Mantra 2 packs a lot of punch for its size.
Framelocks on both offer great security and ease of use.

Thanks for looking, and thanks to Spyderco for this awesome contest!
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

"Spydie in a Bottle"

Forum Name - Mushroom
Product Name - SpydieChef™ Titanium C211TI

As the name suggests, the SpydieChef performs well in the kitchen, but as a new addition to the "Salt Series" the SpydieChef has proven itself as an incredible everyday carry folder! I've had confidence carrying it through all types of weather and environments. I spend much of the summer at my beach house on Cape Cod in Massachusetts; which is where this photo was taken. I wanted to showcase the extreme corrosion resistance offered by LC200N and Titanium in a fun and unique way, but at one of saltiest, corrosive environments around me - the ocean! This shot utilizes the Spydiechef to put a twist on the iconic image of a washed up message in a bottle and the puzzling nature of a ship in a bottle and how exactly it got in there.

Thank you, Spyderco, for this awesome opportunity!
Last edited by Mushroom on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Nick :bug-red
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

I feel so bad for the spydie crew that have to judge this years entries. Amazing work everyone
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

(larger size preview https://goo.gl/photos/BsuaFMD1knJRFmWT6)

Model - Spyderco Manix 2 "Custom"
Forum Name - Evil D

I chose my custom Manix 2 for this year's calendar because I've spent many long hours customizing it to make it my ultimate EDC knife. The blade has been swapped out with a CPM S110V blade (before it was available in G10) that has been regrind to improve slicing, I've reshaped the grip area of the handle to fit my larger size hands better, and I've spent 20+ hours skeletonizing the liners by hand to mimic the factory sprint run steels. The only thing better than a Spyderco knife is a personalized Spyderco knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Manix 2 LW S110V

This is one of my favorite EDC knives. It's so light, you forget you're carrying it. Then when you need it, there is plenty of blade along with a very robust design. The result is confidence inspiring, with the added bonus of extremely wear resistant CPM S110V that shrugs off Florida humidity like it's nothing!

(Edit: the edges of the blade look a little "pixelated" on this hosted link. My original does not show this.)

- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
luke i

Post by luke i »

My entry for this year :)

This is a cool pic because I imagine this is the last image that the fish sees before its bleadout with my spyderco spyderhawk, forever being imprinted on the retina. The ultimate angler fishing knife.

In closing I want to say, I now own and use several Spyderco H1 blades and want to thank you for this opportunity to participate.

wec12

Post by wec12 »

Model: Spyderco Mantra C202TI

Description: Picked Mantra as my model because it has been my all time favorite Spydie for about a year now. I love the option of flipper with long cutting edge. Not to mention its titanium handle with steel insert and wire clip! Thank you everyone for putting all efforts to create this piece of art!

Last edited by wec12 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

That's some next level s*** there Luke! :eek:
Lunatic

Post by Lunatic »

I'm thinking October
luke i

Post by luke i »

thank you surfinggringo
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Lunatic wrote:I'm thinking October
Welcome to the forum!. Just to let you know, you need to have your picture in Landscape, not Portrait, as per the contest rules. Your pic still works, just turn it sideways! :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Amika

Post by Amika »

Wow Guys the caliber of photo's are incredible. Good luck to all who enter. I think this will definitely be a yearly event for me. :)
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

My first time entering, so here goes...

Somehow I was late to the Spyderco game, but I am making up for lost time. Pictured is my ninth Spyderco purchase this year, the Gayle Bradley (C134CFP). It was today's EDC knife, but with so many choices some days it takes me a while to make a selection. The fresh vegetables were harvested from the garden today just for this picture. They include Jalapeño Peppers, Heirloom Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Wax Peppers, Cucumber, and Cherry Tomatoes. Our chickens also had a productive day!

:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

^ I like your pic Hopweaver! It reminds me of home!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
remnar

Post by remnar »

This photo encompasses many things that I love. First, the Sage 2 (C123Ti) is one of my favorite knives and I have made this one my own by customizing the scales myself. Second, this photo was taken on Strawberry Mountain with the wild flowers blooming all around. Those that pay any attention to my posts probably know how much I love to get outdoors for beautiful shots of meadows, rivers and mountains. Last, I love taking pictures and sharing them with the community. This photo features two of my favorite wild flowers, Lupine and Indian Paintbrush, along with a few others. The bright sun really makes the purple scales pop and also brings out the brassy highlights.

Good Luck Everyone!

Last edited by remnar on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

remnar wrote:This photo encompasses many things that I love. First, the Sage 2 (C123Ti) is one of my favorite knives and I have made this one my own by customizing the scales myself. Second, this photo was taken on Strawberry Mountain with the wild flowers blooming all around. Those that pay any attention to my posts probably know how much I love to get outdoors for beautiful shots of meadows, rivers and mountains. Last, I love taking pictures and sharing them with the community. This photo features two of my favorite wild flowers, Lupine and Indian Paintbrush, along with a few others. The bright sun really makes the purple scales pop and also brings out the brassy highlights.

Good Luck Everyone!

Great shot man! Sweet avatar too!

There are so many quality pictures posted here. Thanks again to Spyderco for offering this contest with the generous prize bucket.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Carlito86

Post by Carlito86 »

Name : Carlito86
Knife : Slysz Bowie
Month: July

Description: this is where I went on holiday this year. Lanzarote is a vulcanic Island, in fact half the Island is covered by lava Stones. In this photo you can see Los Hervidores in the background, caves with gaiser, surrounded by the ocean Sea. The slysz bowie was my companion in this trip, always requesting to cut aloe or food, solid and reliable. It is a solid frend in a trip in an Island where there are deserts, volcanos and if you get lost you might need him more than you know. This is I guess the most beautiful picture of my trip (the others are in the which photo calendar thread nbd).

Rock solid lock with rock in the background. Slim as water in the background. And a picture that is returning me a very deep and powerfull emotion.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/1363/DGMP8E.jpg
Last edited by Carlito86 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carlito86

Post by Carlito86 »