2018 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
swisspyder

Re: 2018 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by swisspyder »

Lanzarote is gorgeous, nice picture Carlito!
Spydercos currently in my collection:
Gayle Bradley 1, Urban K390, Tenacious
Owned in the past:
Techno, Advocate
kaukol

Post by kaukol »

Here is probably the most precious knife I have - Slysz Bowie C186TI. I'm afraid I appreciate it to much to carry it daily and use it for daily chores. Nevertheless it gets lots of love at home and in the studio. Minimalist setting for a gorgeous minimalist knife. :)

kaukol

psmith27

Post by psmith27 »

This year I decided to make my ladybug truly fly! Attaching the knife to a quadcopter I took this picture at 300 feet. I have had this trusty little big knife for years. I didn't edit out the wire because I dig the questions they raise. Thanks for the chance Spyderco. Tons of great submissions this year!

Psmith27
Ladybug PURPLE FRN 'in flight"
IMG_0190.JPG

Here is a picture of the rig I used....THIS IS NOT A SUBMISSION....I'll happily remove it if it violates the rules, just trying to show how the image was made...THIS IS NOT A SUBMISSION
IMG_0084.JPG
swisspyder

Post by swisspyder »

Product: Spyderco Gayle Bradley C134CFP
Submission Statement: The Spyderco Gayle Bradley is a knife that wants you to put it to work. Its sturdy liner lock, thick ergonomic handles and large Round Hole allow you to operate it safely for heavy duty work, even wearing gloves. To me it is the embodiment of a worker knife and shows that Spyderco can not only make good-looking gentlemen's knives that are fun to play with, but they can also get down to business and build a tool that works in the real world. Here it is pictures sitting atop a throne of it's own making ;)

By the way, this was not heavily edited - just some creative lighting :)
Last edited by swisspyder on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owned in the past:
Techno, Advocate
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Hi, here is my contribution, I hope this is ok so, I am not able to upload a larger picture, but if you click on the picture you will find it in big on postimg.org

It took me some headaches to make and choose the right picture. I am not a photographer and I do not own a good camera. Neither am I very good at photoshop or any other altering programs. It is a raw picture taken with with my phone.

I chose the theme of leather. I am a leathermaker and I believe leather has always been connected with tools, swords and knives. One of my favorite colours of sewingthreads is 'kingblue' It comes very near to Spyderco's colour blurple and this combined with the flesh and brown colours of the leather in the picture makes a nice image IMHO. The striped brown wooden knife stand (pallisander) completes the composition.
StuttgartMadness

Post by StuttgartMadness »

8legs wrote:Oh, if anybody is wondering about the details of my Spyderco Forum Calendar entry. The land in the background is Spider Island, Alaska (Google it)
Better change that to Spyder island :D
Currently lusting after the PM2 in S110V... And the Para 3... And the Military... And pretty much everything else...

"A man without a knife, is a man without a life"
-Anonymous (This guy has some great quotes)
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

Spyderco Pacific Salt - C91PBK

I chose the Pacific Salt because I love this knife. I've carried Pacific Salts since 2006 and they have never let me down. I carry one in my pocket, I keep one in my car and I even leave one in the shower.
cgjones.jpg
SpyderOfficer

Post by SpyderOfficer »

Endura ZDP-189 - Copy (Medium).JPG
Forum Name: SpyderOfficer
Knife Model: Endura4 ZDP-189

As a recent convert to Spyderco knives, I often revel in the ability to carry a knife that not only cuts anything I put in front of it, but also is very aesthetically pleasing, and if I am being honest, matches what I happen to be wearing, or the theme of the activity I am doing. The Endura ZDP-189, with its forest-appropriate green handle colour, scalpel-like blade and incredible traction, checks all the boxes for a beautiful day hiking a riverside trail out in the woods.

Thanks very much,
SO
Last edited by SpyderOfficer on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to think Spyderco knives were way "out there". I realize now that I was just being boring. :spyder:

Recently acquired: Native LC200N, Endura 4 ZDP-189, Pacific Salt SE, PM2 Cruwear
In the future: Shaman, A.T.R, Police4
swisspyder

Post by swisspyder »

hey, you might want to use a different picture hosting service SpyderOfficer :) pic isn't showing up
Owned in the past:
Techno, Advocate
NHKnives

Post by NHKnives »

This is my first time posting. I am not a computer whiz, so I hope everything shows up all right. I am posting this pic for the calendar contest. The photo consists of two of my favorite things: A blue Delica 4 (awesome color!) and hot peppers! I picked these peppers, and was admiring the various colors and thought a Blue Delica 4 would look great with these!
Attachments
100_9835.JPG
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

GoldenSpydie

Spyderco C134CFP2 Gayle Bradley 2
Spyderco C41CF Native 4

My submission shows two beautiful carbon fiber Spydercos on a background of antique nautical instruments. I enjoy the contrast of different metal colors and ages in this picture and the contrast of the rectangular-patterned background with the circular elements of the nautical instruments. I believe that this image is proof that well-made metal tools can be beautiful without needing any special effects or radical themes, something I see fitting with Spyderco's philosophy of "no less than perfect, no more than necessary." Finally, I hope that the detail in the picture would provide a solid month's worth of intrigue.

I can provide proof of age and a high resolution image if necessary. Thanks for the chance!

Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadmanR1

Post by MadmanR1 »

Product: Spyderco PM2

Statement: This is a very different photo from my submission last year, it was spontaneous. Being a desert dweller I rarely get to see fungus in any form. I took the family up to northern AZ for some fishing and camping and walked by this crazy looking fungi. My carry knife, like most days, was this PM2 which I whipped out to poke at the alien-like growth. I took the picture here for reference, and now I submit my weird mushroom with my edc Spyderco for your calendar consideration.

https://goo.gl/photos/ADWK6VikB3uNNacD9
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

My entry Is The Spyderco Myrtle, designed by Filip de Leeuw.

From the moment I saw this knife, I knew I would own one once available. From the Titanium Framelock to the marbled carbon fiber slab on the presentation side that gives the Ti bolstered look, not to mention the uncommon blade shape which I love. I would be hard pressed to find anything I don't like about this unique design.

Thank you Spyderco for not being afraid to produce "outside the box" knives.

Kev-Man

Post by Kev-Man »

I almost forgot about this contest again, missed the last couple years. Chose the FB17P Hossom Forager which I've kept in my truck for years but barely used. The Forager feels great in hand, both grip wise and weight. Caught tonight's sunset outside after work so snapped a few picts.

Kev.
Forager_Small.JPG
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Peter1960
different models Natives (C41 - C78)

Compressed_0092.jpg
I've chosen the group of Natives as they are, in my opinion, one of the backbones from Spyderco. As they are in production since 1997 they have a long history, are in-house-designs and in-house production as well (except C78). And they show what Spyderco does for their customers and how they support them.
Last edited by Peter1960 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

The Manix 2 is my favorite Spyderco model, and I've usually preferred the versions with G-10 handles. But more recently, after getting several of the lightweight fiberglass reinforced co-polymer models, I've really come to appreciate them. They provide a great, reasonably priced way for fans to buy and try out a great variety of super steels, such as Micro-Melt Maxamet, CPM S110V, CPM S90V, and CTS-XHP. The CPM S90V dealer exclusive pictured below quickly became my current favorite ever-day-carry when I bought it a few weeks ago.

Orange Lightweight Manix 2 S90V Exclusive, C101POR2
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

The Spydiechef was with me for my vacation. I chose a place in the North of my country, where the climate is very wet, and the LC200N steel performed excellently.

Spyderco Spydiechef C211TI

Thank you Spyderco for the opportunity and good luck to everyone.
Depo

Post by Depo »

At first - Hello everyone. It will be my first post, but I'm not so new here. To this day i was just lurking but this contest looked too fun to not take a chance. Para 3 in Cru-wear as a prize? Great great pictures sent from everyone? I just had to try :)
So here is my entry:
Few days ago I have been in a botanic garden with Native 5 in my pocket and found big desert-themed installation cactus there, cactuses which brought western desert states of the USA to my mind.
I have thought that it would make great combination with my Native, because as I know this knife is named after that it's made entirely in Golden, Colorado which is a partly desert state as well.

Thanks to Spyderco for great contest and great knives, and to all contestants for awesome photos!
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

I opted for an action shot with my Paramilitary 2 rather than a posed picture. There are no tricks here; the photo literally is as it happened. It is the result of many, MANY exhausting attempts to get the shot that was gone faster than the blink of an eye. With an old DSLR camera, a camera-mounted flash, a fast finger, lots of luck, and a healthy dose of patience, perseverance, and effort, only one picture “made the cut” in the end. I hope you all enjoy it, and best of luck to all the entrants.

*Image link removed at request of on_the_edge
Freudscher Verbrecher

Post by Freudscher Verbrecher »

C94 UK Penknife, C185 K2

I always liked the way Spyderco mark the blades, the bug, the country of origin, the steel and Spyderco's location. With this collage I tried to focus on this very special company in Golden, Colorado itself and the high quality materials (titanium, exotic steels) and finishes they use.

Thank you for the Contest!

Spyderco photo contest Kopie.jpg
Last edited by Freudscher Verbrecher on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.