Enter the 2018 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest today! We are again making a 12-month wall calendar using images created by you, our forum members (this will be our 7th year). We're going to tweak it a bit this year - a total of 12 images will be chosen (instead of 13 like in past years).
The cover is always the coveted spot and the Grand Prize Winner. However, we don't get to enjoy the image nearly as long as we do the other 12. For that reason, 2018 will be different. The image chosen as the cover will also be given a month! Obviously, the remaining 11 images will fill out the months of the calendar.
Contest starts today, 12-Jun-2017 and ends at 1600MDT Friday, 11-Aug-2017. Winners will be selected by Spyderco and will be posted on the forum by Friday,18-Aug-2017.
Calendars will be available for purchase this autumn through the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store.
• If your image is chosen as the Grand Prize Winner you'll receive a Spyderco Shaman (C229GP - MSRP $249.95) AND a Spyderco Para 3 Sprint with CPM Cru-Wear (C223GPGYCW - MSRP $209.95). The Shaman will be engraved with winner's forum name and the box will be signed by Sal.
• Artists who have their image chosen to represent a specific calendar month (again, this year a total of 11) will each receive a Spyderco Para 3 Sprint with CPM Cru-Wear (C223GPGYCW - MSRP $209.95).
• Each member who enters the contest (and uploads their high-res image file following the completion of the contest) will receive a 2018 calendar when they become available.
Please enter to win - don’t enter just to receive the calendar. We appreciate everyone’s interest and support and look forward to another fantastic calendar!
Please read all of the info below before posting. We know it’s a lot of words, but it’s important!
• Please include a 2-5 sentence description of your entry - why you chose the product(s) featured, the history of the image, etc.; something to give us a better understanding of your submission.
• Please include the product name (if you know it) in your post.
• Entry must include a Spyderco product (at least one, but multiple are welcome). Any product Spyderco has ever made is fair game. Your chosen product can be pristine, used or radically modified.
• We encourage you to use your imagination and show us your creativity. Just remember, family-friendly!
• Themed images are welcome. Have a favorite season or holiday? Showcase it in your image.
• If your camera or image software can manipulate it – we’ll consider it. Be creative!
• Entries must be in a digital format and meet the formatting requirements below.
• Only ONE image submission per person. You are permitted to modify your submission after posting. If you decide to modify your entry, you must edit your original submission and re-submit the new image before the contest deadline. Having multiple photo submissions at the end date of the contest will invalidate all of your submissions.
• In order to be considered, post your image to this thread. It is not necessary or recommended that you post a 300dpi image to our Forums. Keeping up with web standards, a 72dpi image preview that does not exceed 960px in width for the forum will be just fine. You may use Photobucket or any similar photo sharing site to provide a link to your image so long as all other requirements are met within your post. If you use a photo sharing site, the image must remain publicly available online until 14-Aug-2017.
• The Spyderco 2017 Calendar will be printed in an 8 ½” by 11” landscape format. Only landscape formatted images will be considered and significant cropping/resizing may occur to winning images. All portrait formatted images will be disqualified.
• Final Print Image Guidelines (ABSOLUTE MINIMUM – Images should be no smaller than this):
Width: 3450 px
Height: 2700 px
(This translates to 11.5” x 9” to account for a ¼ inch bleed)
• Image Preview (for posting on the forum)
When we announce the winners, we will also announce how to submit your hi-res image if your image is chosen. If you cannot supply the high-res file of your image at the end of the contest, your winning submission will be forfeited.
• The submission must not contain any copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright).
• Your submission must be entirely original and created by you.
• Images may not contain any kind of promotional material - this includes trademarks and logos for non-Spyderco businesses, even those for your own personal endeavors.
• Only family-friendly, tasteful submissions will be considered. Remember this calendar will be hanging in someone’s home or office.
NOTE: If you upload an image that we feel might violate our content restrictions, we will do our best to contact you and let you know that your image might be disqualified prior to the end of the contest. However, we cannot guarantee this so be sure to meet all requirements and review the content restrictions carefully prior to posting.
• The 2018 Spyderco Calendar Contest is open to all members of the Spyderco.com Forum who are at least 18 years of age. Proof of age may be required.
• Employees, relatives of employees of Spyderco, its partner companies, and manufacturers are not eligible to enter or win.
Obligatory Fine Print:
• Submitted images become the exclusive property of Spyderco Inc. By posting your photo in this thread, user grants unencumbered, free usage and printing use solely to Spyderco Inc.
• This contest is subject to all laws and void where prohibited.
• Please keep in mind that there are various laws and regulations regarding knives throughout the world. If you are selected as a winner and you live in a region that prohibits us from sending the intended prize we have the right to substitute your prize as we see fit.
There is nothing more important than this one day.