Salt Series UKPK

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sailhand

Re: Salt Series UKPK

Post by sailhand »

Ti scales would be ok but yellow frn would be better for me. I'd by either. Salt knife for the rest of the world, a great idea.
m6steen

Post by m6steen »

Yellow FRN & LC200N sounds great to me. I think it would make a nice lightweight backpacking/camping utility knife.
Matt

C07 Police 4 | FRN K390
C41 Native 5 | Never Summer/NFFF
C94 UK Penknife | BD1N

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

With the arrival of the HH UKPK I’m curious to see if this salt UKPK will be released as a HH exclusive or if at all.

Sal, Spyderco, can anyone chime in?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ThePeacent wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:56 am
Afterman wrote:We should just come out and admit it. We want every knife in the catalog to have a Salt version. :)
finally someone said it.

Yep, or at least EVERY Golden, CO model, G10 versions and all!

I wouldn't buy a UKPK because I like locking blades, but i'm sure these would sell insanely well in places where locking knives are not legal. I hope they do make this for all of you!!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
northmanscall

Post by northmanscall »

I am in for a Ukpk Salt. An exclusive would be more expensive so please just a "regular".

Greetings
:bug-red Stefan :bug-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

northmanscall wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:24 pm
I am in for a Ukpk Salt. An exclusive would be more expensive so please just a "regular".

Greetings

Exclusives are usually the same price as normal knives, some even less somehow. There are variables such as the cost of different steels, coating (DLC adds cost), and scale materials (CF is more expensive, G10 out of Japan is more expensive, etc). But a production UKPK Salt should cost the same as an exclusive version.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
mayong

Post by mayong »

m6steen wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:21 pm
Yellow FRN & LC200N sounds great to me. I think it would make a nice lightweight backpacking/camping utility knife.

+1. Really like the sound of LC200N and Yellow FRN.
Police | Calypso | Caly 3 & 3.5 | PM 2 | Para 3 | UKPK | Endura | Dragonfly | Sage 2 | Sage 5

"While this test doesn't simulate any logical use of a knife as a tool, since it was a concern of some of our customers, we began incorporating it into our testing protocols." - Michael Janich
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

LC200N can Caribbean blue or the yellow from the Native Salt.
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
sailhand

Post by sailhand »

I would love a ukpk salt and I think it should be the same frn as the rest of the salt line. Frn works well for lightweight strong scales and no problems with liners etc for corrosion. Ill take three Sal. A folding fillet knife as well thanks, no harm in asking I suppose. :D