Carrying a Manbug on my keys, but..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Carrying a Manbug on my keys, but..

Post by ZrowsN1s »

No, but I hope to visit there one day. I've been almost everywhere I've wanted to visit except Japan and Australia.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

ZrowsN1s wrote:No, but I hope to visit there one day. I've been almost everywhere I've wanted to visit except Japan and Australia.
Come and see us Z!

You'll love it! ;)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Aussies are a brave lot. Funnel Web Spiders, Brown Snakes, Cane Toads, Black and Green Mambas, Taipans, blue ringed octopus, killer jelly fish, Great White Sharks, and just about everything else wants to kill you or eat you, there. No wonder you all need knives! :eek: :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:Aussies are a brave lot. Funnel Web Spiders, Brown Snakes, Cane Toads, Black and Green Mambas, Taipans, blue ringed octopus, killer jelly fish, Great White Sharks, and just about everything else wants to kill you or eat you, there. No wonder you all need knives! :eek: :D
Ah, hahaha! We do have plenty of bities Doc and for the most part we don't hassle them and they generally leave us alone too. Bastard sharks are the biggest worry and particularly Bull Sharks which don't mind freshwater either. :eek:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

The Deacon wrote:There's also a two piece quick detachable fitting available in most hardware stores...
...pressing down on the plunger (end nearest the knife) allows the two halves to separate...
...has the side benefit of being able to act as a handle extension when using the knife.
Ah, that's another good idea too. And I know for a fact they're at the nearby Ace.

For those of you that have used the TEC clips, do they have a decent amount of tension? Is it pretty much the same as the pocket clip on a regular sized folder?
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
brightb

Post by brightb »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Keychain-Sh ... SwhOdXoU5u

These are my fave way to carry Manbugs and ladybugs. No attachments needed on the actaual knife, and added bonus of keeping pocket lint out of pivot and lock area. You can get in a variety of colors, and the guy is great to deal with
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Jason is making what he calls a Prometheus Kappa on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/da ... ?ref=email

Brass or copper or a couple different plastics. Looks like a good system to me and Jason does great work. Ordered the Delrin myself

Ken
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

StuntZombie wrote:
The Deacon wrote:There's also a two piece quick detachable fitting available in most hardware stores...

For those of you that have used the TEC clips, do they have a decent amount of tension? Is it pretty much the same as the pocket clip on a regular sized folder?
Nice tension but not pants-shredding.
My pockets are equally grabbed by the clips on my Pacific and Tasman, and it makes for a very inconspicuous and discreet carry, but sturdy and safe enough to trust my various gadgets to it.

SAKs, lights, knives...you name it!
mattman

Post by mattman »

StuntZombie wrote:
...pressing down on the plunger (end nearest the knife) allows the two halves to separate...
...has the side benefit of being able to act as a handle extension when using the knife.
Ah, that's another good idea too. And I know for a fact they're at the nearby Ace.

I have used at least one of these on my keychain for as long as I can remember... After a bad run of them, I finally stumbled on the victorinox made version, and it has been Rock solid for going on four years now. (It's a pain when you lose things from your keys... Don't get the no-name ones, or at least, don't use them on important stuff, if you do...)
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

mattman,

Thanks for the info. Fear of losing stuff is one reason I had held off on buying those quick releases. But then again, I tend to carry everything in my pockets, so if something did come loose, hopefully it would just stay in the pocket.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
RLR

Post by RLR »

IMG_3072.JPG
Nite-ize S all the way (not a Spyderco but still):
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I ended up going with the Nite Izes S-bine for now, since that's all my store had at the moment. It's a bit bulkier than the quick releases, but it's much more convenient than having to unfasten a ring every time I wanted to detach the knife.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
vivi

Post by vivi »

I feel like a simple carabiner and regular old keyrings is simple and effective enough. Anything I need pops right off but I never worry about losing anything, and I hook the entire rig on my belt loop so it's not sitting in my front pocket uncomfortably. No pocket clips or quick detachments needed, and can find them anywhere literally for pennies.

z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

I used to use those s-biners, until they unhooked a couple times (caught it and didn't lose my keys).
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

z4vdBt wrote:I used to use those s-biners, until they unhooked a couple times (caught it and didn't lose my keys).
I carry everything in my pocket, so if it comes unhooked, I shouldn't lose anything.

I might have to change to something else though. The S-biner is already starting to get rust spots on it.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN