more high-chromium steels please

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: more high-chromium steels please

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think that for steels that lack vanadium that it is pretty hard to go wrong with XHP. It is high carbon, high chromium and only has .5% vanadium. I personally think it is better than S30V and wish it was the base steel for the Golden line up.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
dplafoll

Re: more high-chromium steels please

Post by dplafoll »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I think that for steels that lack vanadium that it is pretty hard to go wrong with XHP. It is high carbon, high chromium and only has .5% vanadium. I personally think it is better than S30V and wish it was the base steel for the Golden line up.
Ditto, same for the S30V knives from Taichung and Japan as well.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2