Which slysz design?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Slysz bowie or spydiechef

Slysz bowie
67%
Spydiechef
33%

Total votes: 30

murphjd25

Re: Which slysz design?

Post by murphjd25 »

Bowie or both, you know you'll get both eventually:)
Josh
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

I want a SpydieChef, a lot.

But I need a Bowie.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

Both are great knives. If you want a slicer, or fear corrosion, go Chef. If you want a showpiece, or an EDC knife, go Bowie.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

My attraction to Slysz collabs took me from the Techno to the Chef. I liked the blade shape and steel.

I also like the Bowie, but Glesser designs are more my thing. The Police4, the Caribbean, and the Shaman pretty much have dibs on my spare cash. The Bowie will have to wait.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I'd personally lean more towards the Bowie, but I think either one would suit your needs fairly well. I also think the. Spyderchef may fit my hand a bit better than the Bowie, but YMMV. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
orangejuice

Post by orangejuice »

After a couple weeks with both, i have found that the SpydieChef is carried more often for my lifestyle due to how easy it is to clean and sharpen. It also fits in the hand really nicely, while the Bowie feels more premium and the finishing touches are great. I got both and couldn't be happier, but if i had to do it again...i'd get both ;)
Drink juice
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Tough choice for sure, obvious answer is both but if I had to choose I'd go with the Bowie, love the way it fits my hand and prefer the contoured scales, the blade shape is also more useful for my daily tasks.
Last edited by farnorthdan on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

The Chef is born of utility and makes a great EDC. However, the Bowie is one of my favorite knives of all time and gets carried way more... It's really on a different level than the Chef. Bowie gets my vote.

NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Both are great, but the Bowie is a better general purpose design if you don't need a completely stainless knife or kitchen use will dominate.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I have the Bowie and I love it. I will eventually buy the Chef, and also the Techno. This is not really an answer. Just a sign of things to come when you're a Spyder addict :D
Unbrokenchain33

Post by Unbrokenchain33 »

Spydiechef is more versatile and fits my hand perfectly. Plus, I prefer the looks!