I got the fever

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Koop

I got the fever

Post by Koop »

So, over the past few months I've ordered five Spydies. I'm wondering how I should approach this new found obsession. I have a Manix 2 LW and love the ergos. I ordered another sprint version. Now I'm wondering if I should continue to pursue Manix in different steels and whatnot or look for a different construction. I'm thinking I need a compression lock - preferably one in a steel I don't already have. Sage 5 or Paramilitary 2 - which way to go?

I'm thinking the Sage 5 is an excellent knife, but maybe too close to my Chaparral. PM 2 seems more like an up-sized Delica which is a knife I really like. Opinions?
Last edited by Koop on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PM2 Camo DLC S30V - Chaparral XHP - Delica 4 VG-10 -Manix 2 LW CTS BD1 - Manix 2 LW KC Exclusive XHP - Tenacious 8Cr13MoV - Dragonfly VG10 - PM3 Sprint Cruwear Light Gray G10 - K08 Santoku
SG89

Re: I got the fever

Post by SG89 »

My favorite compression lock spyderco is the Yojimbo 2. Welcome to the addiction!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Easy, get both, it will happen eventually anyways :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
anycal

Post by anycal »

Let it take you where it may. Buy what you like. Enjoy! PM2...
Peter
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

The PM2 and Sage 5 are both awesome. You'll eventually end up with both lol
Josh
jeff4air

Post by jeff4air »

Yup. You will and should have both Sage 5 and Chap. They are more different in size and feel than they appear, Chap is so thin and elegant, Sage is like a mini PM2. All the knives in my signature were bought since April only. It's a fun ride.
Own- PM2 S30V, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, Chap CF CTS-XHP, Sage 5 S30V, KW CF/Ti Military S90V, Caly 3.5 CF ZDP-189, KW Military CTS-204P, Delica 4 VG-10, Native 5 LW S110V, Para3 S90V CF Sprint, Native 5 Green G-10 S90V Sprint, PM2 CF M4 Sprint, Para 3 BBS M390, Para 3 Maxamet, Delica HAP 40 WC Jazz Sprint, Endura laminate Sprint Blue
Wishlist- Salt 2 SE H1
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

You've got the fever? Well you're going to need more cowbell :D I have to Agree with SG the Yojimbo 2 is the best of the compression lock knives. My second favorite is the pm2.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Once you've been bit, you just can't quit. So many great knives. Enjoy the ride. :spyder:
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:My favorite compression lock spyderco is the Yojimbo 2. Welcome to the addiction!
+1. Unless u get a pinchy one.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I would have to side with the PM2 in your choice of steel or color. The Yojimbo is a dedicated fighting knife, whereas the PM2 is a good all around knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050