My SpydieChef review went live on ITS Tactical (yeah, after months of use)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PiterM

My SpydieChef review went live on ITS Tactical (yeah, after months of use)

Post by PiterM »

I can't hide it, I really like my SpydieChef! So after couple of months of quite extensive use I thought... well, would be cool to wrap all my experiences together in one place. And it's all here, in my review on ITS Tactical. Enjoy:

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/knive ... ur-pocket/

roger-roger

Re: My SpydieChef review went live on ITS Tactical (yeah, after months of use)

Post by roger-roger »

Thanks for the great review. I'm still leaning slightly to the Bowie although it and the Spydiechef, both have traits that one could wish existed on the other.
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

Great review!
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

Good stuff! Well done on the article, thanks for sharing! I love my SpydieChef too!
:spyder:
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Great review. This is a folder on my to get list.
PiterM

Post by PiterM »

Thanks guys! Really enjoy this one as my edc (in rotation).
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

Great Review. I have really enjoyed mine so far.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Thanks Piter. I always enjoy your contributions and you take great pics.

I second the suggestion for a larger version. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Great review, I agree 110%. I REALLY enjoy carrying the SpydieChef and find it incredibly functional as an EDC knife (almost ultra functional and I've had the pleasure of carrying and trying out a good number of models). I had my SC's edge reprofiled by Josh at Razor Edge Knives and the LC200N took a screaming sharp toothy 15 dps edge with a 20 dps microlevel, with no chipping at all so far from some decent use in the yard (I'm not shy on my knives). That steel is very good stuff indeed and I agree with the S30V similarity you mentioned Piter in "feel". Considering my deep love for the Slysz Bowie and Techno also, I hope that they keep collaborating with Marcin Slysz for many years to come! Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Great review, I agree 110%. I REALLY enjoy carrying the SpydieChef and find it incredibly functional as an EDC knife (almost ultra functional and I've had the pleasure of carrying and trying out a good number of models). I had my SC's edge reprofiled by Josh at Razor Edge Knives and the LC200N took a screaming sharp toothy 15 dps edge with a 20 dps microlevel, with no chipping at all so far from some decent use in the yard (I'm not shy on my knives). That steel is very good stuff indeed and I agree with the S30V similarity you mentioned Piter in "feel". Considering my deep love for the Slysz Bowie and Techno also, I hope that they keep collaborating with Marcin Slysz for many years to come! Cheers, Radioactive :)

If you dont mind, and have the time, would you mind sharing with me what you had Josh do exactly? I am planning on sending him my GB Air, K2, and now maybe my spydiechef..
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Great review as usual Piter, and couldn't agree more, the SC is another Home run from Slysz and Spyderco, hope we see many more collaborations.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
malevlnt2

Post by malevlnt2 »

i'm a lefty and concur. nice write-up and hope the spyderco/slysz collabs continue (and maybe incorporate a lefty option...?)! ;)
npad69

Post by npad69 »

If the efficient line can be considered the tenacious line killer, lc200n will definitely be a threat to spyderco's h1. I had run this blade in the kitchen through its paces cutting all sorts of stuff and i cant seem to dull this thing. Excellent review!
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Very nice review. I'm enjoying mine as well, great design and great execution
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Thanks for the review, Piotr. That seems like a great knife. Between your review and Surfingringo's review, I am thinking I need one of these.

BTW, is that your daughter in the photo?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
PiterM

Post by PiterM »

Doc Dan wrote:Thanks for the review, Piotr. That seems like a great knife. Between your review and Surfingringo's review, I am thinking I need one of these.

BTW, is that your daughter in the photo?
Thanks! Yeah, just as I said in the review... :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

mrtodd777 wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Great review, I agree 110%. I REALLY enjoy carrying the SpydieChef and find it incredibly functional as an EDC knife (almost ultra functional and I've had the pleasure of carrying and trying out a good number of models). I had my SC's edge reprofiled by Josh at Razor Edge Knives and the LC200N took a screaming sharp toothy 15 dps edge with a 20 dps microlevel, with no chipping at all so far from some decent use in the yard (I'm not shy on my knives). That steel is very good stuff indeed and I agree with the S30V similarity you mentioned Piter in "feel". Considering my deep love for the Slysz Bowie and Techno also, I hope that they keep collaborating with Marcin Slysz for many years to come! Cheers, Radioactive :)

If you dont mind, and have the time, would you mind sharing with me what you had Josh do exactly? I am planning on sending him my GB Air, K2, and now maybe my spydiechef..
Oops, sorry I missed your question until now! I have Josh reprofile to 15 dps with his grinder and then finish that off and add a 20 dps microlevel with his Wicked Edge. I don't ask him for mirror polishes or anything fancy, and he recommends that "recipe" so I/we can easily freshen up/touch up his edges on the Sharpmaker (on the 20 dps setting). I really need to get a proper leather strop too with compound - doing that exercise on my jeans only takes those edges so far ;). Hope that helps, Radioactive

P.S. And I have the awesome SpydieChef in my pocket again today!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

Thanks for the info man. I just might be sending it his way. Here is an obligatory pic of some chicken fried venison backstrap, prepped of course with the spydiechef.

ImageUntitled by Todd Crawford, on Flickr
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

I still need to get one of these. Not sure what's taking me so long to pull the trigger.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
PiterM

Post by PiterM »

Still one of my most used / carried Spydies...