Hello

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
C99c

Hello

Post by C99c »

Hello,
My name is Casey and I've been reading here for several years and joined a while ago but haven't posted any until now.

I've picked up a good bit of useful information from this forum and look forward to contributing to the existing knowledge, even if just in some small way.

A little about me: I'm married, with a teenager daughter. We are very active outdoors, be it hiking, climbing, paddling, fishing, camping or just generally bumming around in the woods.
We live in Georgia.

Starting carrying a pocket knife before age 10, which was pretty common at the time in my area.
I bought my first Spyderco in high school, right at twenty years ago. I've carried other stuff here and there and still do on occasion, but the majority of the time it has been a Delica or Endura in my pocket. For well over a decade it was a simple sabre ground Delica 4.
I've owned several Spyderco models, but always end up back using and carrying primarily those two models. I like back locks, easily serviceable steels and am in the small majority of folks on the planet that doesn't care for the PM2.

I'm not a collector, don't really like spending money and generally if I don't use something pretty often it gets sold, traded or given away.

I will end my rambling by saying that the one thing that constantly impresses me even more than the tools Spyderco designs and produces and the quality of those tools is how Mr. Glesser and his family and company present themselves no matter the venue or circumstances.

Offering a superior product is one thing, doing it with the class that Spyderco does put them in a very small group of businesses that I am always happy to support with my hard earned dollars.
Support Knife Rights. https://kniferights.org/

Don't buy knives from EBAY or AMAZON. There are plenty of good companies that will appreciate your business and don't sell fakes.
Tyrdle

Re: Hello

Post by Tyrdle »

A while back if you asked me, I would have said I didn't care for the pm2 also. Yet once I'd held it and tried it out it changed my mind. I bought one in s110v a few months ago and it's great. If you squeeze the compression lock it just drops right closed with no resistance at all.
Oh and I agree with you with all the other stuff about Spyderco. :)
:spyder: Turtles can have knives too, right? :spyder:
Aus-8 Delica 1 ATS-55 Endura UK Penknife
Positron Mamba Blurple PM2
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

Well said.

I'm what you would call a collector. I have way too many knives. And I buy more.

But like you the one that I carry the most is a Delica.

And I too agree with the sentiments of the Spyderco family. Class act all around.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Welcome Casey.

Can't say the pm2 is my favorite. They are nice though.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Casey,

Welcome to the Forum.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Hello Casey! Welcome to the Spyderco Forum!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Welcome!!! :D John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Welcome to the forum!
Koop

Post by Koop »

Nice post Casey. I'm with you - I don't want a huge collection - but at the same time I want to experience different designs and blade steels. Spyderco is how I'll do it.
PM2 Camo DLC S30V - Chaparral XHP - Delica 4 VG-10 -Manix 2 LW CTS BD1 - Manix 2 LW KC Exclusive XHP - Tenacious 8Cr13MoV - Dragonfly VG10 - PM3 Sprint Cruwear Light Gray G10 - K08 Santoku
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Welcome to the fourm! Keep the collection going!
"No matter where you go, there you are"
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome aboard
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome, Casey. Delicas and Enduras are great knives. Stick around, bro.
- best wishes, Jazz.
C99c

Post by C99c »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Tyrdle wrote:A while back if you asked me, I would have said I didn't care for the pm2 also. Yet once I'd held it and tried it out it changed my mind. I bought one in s110v a few months ago and it's great. If you squeeze the compression lock it just drops right closed with no resistance at all.
I've owned several PM2s. The last one I happily traded for a combo edge Endura. I do see why they are so popular, they just don't work for me. Similar to the Benchmade Mini-Grips. I've had a couple in the past, but don't care for them either.

Don't buy knives from EBAY or AMAZON. There are plenty of good companies that will appreciate your business and don't sell fakes.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Welcome!
Tyrdle

Post by Tyrdle »

C99c wrote:Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Tyrdle wrote:A while back if you asked me, I would have said I didn't care for the pm2 also. Yet once I'd held it and tried it out it changed my mind. I bought one in s110v a few months ago and it's great. If you squeeze the compression lock it just drops right closed with no resistance at all.
I've owned several PM2s. The last one I happily traded for a combo edge Endura. I do see why they are so popular, they just don't work for me. Similar to the Benchmade Mini-Grips. I've had a couple in the past, but don't care for them either.
Huh! I like the minigrip also. Guess we just have different tastes.
:spyder: Turtles can have knives too, right? :spyder:
Aus-8 Delica 1 ATS-55 Endura UK Penknife
Positron Mamba Blurple PM2
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Casey,

Welcome to our forum and thanx much for the kind comments.

sal
C99c

Post by C99c »

Than you sir for the great knife designs, awesome company and cool forum.

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Even though I own a ton of knives, I tend to carry the Delica more than any of them...that is until the K390 Urban LW came out. What a gem. If this were a back lock I might sell my other pocket sized knives (well, probably not ;) ).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Squawk

Post by Squawk »

C99c wrote:I've owned several PM2s. The last one I happily traded for a combo edge Endura. I do see why they are so popular, they just don't work for me. Similar to the Benchmade Mini-Grips. I've had a couple in the past, but don't care for them either.
I get it. Personally i love the PM2, but i have absolutely no love for the Axis lock at all, which everyone else seems to like a lot.

Welcome!
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Welcome!