Name your own Sprint Run!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bdubs808

Re: Name your own Sprint Run!

Post by Bdubs808 »

toomzz wrote:
toomzz wrote:Para 3 in S90V with the Taichung CF like on the GB and a Ti clip, deepcarry if possible, make me happy Sal :rolleyes:
I wasn't that far off.....I will add the deepcarry clip.....thanks Sal & Eric...... :rolleyes:
^Good call there.
Kid Shamrock

Post by Kid Shamrock »

1. Manix 2 LW Dark Green in 204p.
2. Native 5 LW Dark Green in 204p.
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

Kid Shamrock wrote:1. Manix 2 LW Dark Green in 204p.
2. Native 5 LW Dark Green in 204p.
I'd be in for both!
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
dman62

Post by dman62 »

Superleaf with laminated ZDP-189 like the Caly only keep the thickness the same as the VG-10 Superleaf.
SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

My Sprint Run would be the Mid Back Lock Manix in LC200N and Dark Red G-10.
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

toomzz wrote:Para 3 in S90V with the Taichung CF like on the GB and a Ti clip, deepcarry if possible, make me happy Sal :rolleyes:
Yes!
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
animportant

Post by animportant »

Manix 2 LW Cruwear!

I'd probably take a forest green 204p M2LW also!
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

Prob cant happen, but Delica in Cruwear would be amazing!
Hardbawl

Post by Hardbawl »

Greetings:
I vote for a PM2 LEFT HAND in CPM 110V, Orange FRN scales with a blackened 4 position clip. A real working rig for us Southpaws! Thank you, Hardbawl
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

animportant wrote:I'd probably take a forest green 204p M2LW also!
I'd take two!

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

"R" model with HAP40 and dark green G10
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Germinalphrase wrote:Rookie > k390 > navy g10
I've had friends of mine tell me on at least 3 occasions that they thought that the ROOKIE model was close to being an absolutely perfect EDC folder. They said it was perfect in size, scope and all around versatility. I even EDCed an ATS-55 ROOKIE model for a short period of time>>however I found that I truly needed a longer blade to fulfill my needs.

But to have a ROOKIE with one of the supersteels and either a Carbon Fiber or Titanium handle would be the "creme-de-le-creme" of an ideal Spyderco folder. It's basically a "little Police" model when you get right down to basics. Even a G-10 Sprint run with M390 or any other well liked supersteel would be a "slam dunk" winner all the way :cool:
awa54

Post by awa54 »

"George" Sal and Eric can make me any Sprint they like, as long as it's named George ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

I would call mine 'Pig Whistle' and it would be a pink Pubicon with a blade made of rice.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Military Salt. Flexible on the fine details.
Germinalphrase

Post by Germinalphrase »

JD Spydo wrote:
I've had friends of mine tell me on at least 3 occasions that they thought that the ROOKIE model was close to being an absolutely perfect EDC folder. They said it was perfect in size, scope and all around versatility. I even EDCed an ATS-55 ROOKIE model for a short period of time>>however I found that I truly needed a longer blade to fulfill my needs.

But to have a ROOKIE with one of the supersteels and either a Carbon Fiber or Titanium handle would be the "creme-de-le-creme" of an ideal Spyderco folder. It's basically a "little Police" model when you get right down to basics. Even a G-10 Sprint run with M390 or any other well liked supersteel would be a "slam dunk" winner all the way :cool:
I carried one for several years. I had a delica before it, which was - of course - a classic knife, but the Rookie was my first true love. It isn't in my hands anymore - I should just bite the bullet on a second hand one from Ebay - but I guess I'm holding out hope that we will all see another sprint run soon.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Germinalphrase wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

I carried one for several years. I had a delica before it, which was - of course - a classic knife, but the Rookie was my first true love. It isn't in my hands anymore - I should just bite the bullet on a second hand one from Ebay - but I guess I'm holding out hope that we will all see another sprint run soon.
The ROOKIE would be a great Sprint Run even if they did it with VG-10 steel and a stainless handle. But I would prefer that they would jazz it up a bit with newer/better materials. To me that's the objective of Sprint Runs is to take a popular past model and do major improvements on it. What would make you want to buy it if it wasn't improved upon?

The ROOKIE model would be a great pick for a Sprint RUN>> actually I can only think of two others I would rather see. A C-60 Massad Ayoob folder with a Carbon Fiber handle and maybe a new Japanese supersteel.

Another great Sprint Run would be to see the C-52 Calypso Jr. with a Micarta hande and a CPM 10V blade. I could go on for a long time on GOLDEN ERA models ( 1998 - 2003).
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I'm going with a "mastiff" all titanium back lock or power lock , 3.30 to 3.75 inch with CPM Cruwear , 4V , or CPM M4. The hardness and heat treat is already fine as it is and I wouldn't want it changed from the way they have been doing it.

The Ti grips plain like the Mantra. I like it just as is.

joe
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

Gonna go back in time:

First I'd love to see a re-release of the D'Holder Toad in Titanium with a LC200N blade. I fondled one in a gun shop for over a year and still kick myself for never purchasing it.

Continuing the little knife theme, I'm still longing for a titanium scaled key chain knife. (Sorry the dog tag and squarehead don't do it for me.) Manbug or ladybug, VG-10 would be fine but I do love my ZDP ladybug.

Grizz
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

I'd like to see a Military with a blade shaped like the K2's. I know those aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I think the tip would be stronger. Not sure it would all fit in when closed though without a scale redesign.