Name your own Sprint Run!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Name your own Sprint Run!

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Burgundy Micarta Caly 3.5 (3D contoured like the Damascus Caly sprint) in HAP40 and bolstered CF Caly 3.5 with Damascus VG-10 to match its little brother.

A new sprint run of the large bolstered Persian would be great in a different Micarta color and super steel. I just wish Spyderco would use Micarta again!!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Tyrdle

Post by Tyrdle »

I'd go with the Bradley Advocate, lc200n, all titanium hardware, and whatever pivot system they have on the pm2. My pm2 is as smooth if not smoother than my $300 Mamba on bearings.
:spyder: Turtles can have knives too, right? :spyder:
Aus-8 Delica 1 ATS-55 Endura UK Penknife
Positron Mamba Blurple PM2
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Chinook3 wrote:Spyderco Renegade
Radiused CF scales
Made in Golden with a snappy back lock
Steel? Something stainless. :spyder:
Whoa!!! did you say "RENEGADE"!!?? Oh how I would love a RENEGADE model with a newer/better blade steel and Carbon Fiber scales would be cool!!!

Hey Dude!! we are definitely on the same page because I actually EDCed a RENEGADE model for a little over a year. The only reason I quit carrying it was because it had that GIN-1 blade steel which had a lot to be desired. If they would bring back that RENEGADE model with a premium blade steel and either G-10 handle or what you suggested with Carbon Fiber scales I would be right behind you in line to buy one the very day they released it.

Actually my #1 pick is the C-60 Ayoob but I would love a RENEGADE with M390, 110V or even S90V. It would be one of my top 5 picks for an ideal Sprint run. Great Recommendation!!!
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Chinook3 wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
Chinook3 wrote:Spyderco Renegade
Radiused CF scales
Made in Golden with a snappy back lock
Steel? Something stainless. :spyder:
Whoa!!! did you say "RENEGADE"!!?? Oh how I would love a RENEGADE model with a newer/better blade steel and Carbon Fiber scales would be cool!!!

Hey Dude!! we are definitely on the same page because I actually EDCed a RENEGADE model for a little over a year. The only reason I quit carrying it was because it had that GIN-1 blade steel which had a lot to be desired. If they would bring back that RENEGADE model with a premium blade steel and either G-10 handle or what you suggested with Carbon Fiber scales I would be right behind you in line to buy one the very day they released it.

Actually my #1 pick is the C-60 Ayoob but I would love a RENEGADE with M390, 110V or even S90V. It would be one of my top 5 picks for an ideal Sprint run. Great Recommendation!!!
[/quote

I knew I could count on you JD! Yeah I've never owned a Renegade or Ayoob but would like a new improved version of either with Spyderco's Golden CQI. Let's get this going :D
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Burgundy Micarta Caly 3.5 (3D contoured like the Damascus Caly sprint) in HAP40 and bolstered CF Caly 3.5 with Damascus VG-10 to match its little brother.

A new sprint run of the large bolstered Persian would be great in a different Micarta color and super steel. I just wish Spyderco would use Micarta again!!
I'd be in for either of these Caly's :)
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

C105 Persian with Thor Damasteel blade and clip, Ed Schempp Spyder mosaic bolsters, and polished dark green G-10 handle and dark matte grey Ti liners.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I've said it before, and haven't read every response in the thread so I apologize if I'm repeating someones current suggestion, but i'd love to see another Rookie sprint! Rookie with K390 steel, black g10, full flat grind.
-Nick :bug-red
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

I'd like to see a Mule Team in cheap, Chinese 420 steel. If nothing else, for comparison purposes against the high-end stuff that Spyderco usually runs.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
paladin

Post by paladin »

NickShabazz wrote:I'd like to see a Mule Team in cheap, Chinese 420 steel. If nothing else, for comparison purposes against the high-end stuff that Spyderco usually runs.
it's already available...

it's the cloned Spiderko m390 mule team ;)
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

Yojimbo 2 in M4 w/ canvas micarta.
bobec36

Post by bobec36 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Delica 4 S110V with blue g10 and deep carry wire clip
Manbug 52100 with carbon fiber scales
PM3 any steel any scale but no lanyard hole and deep carry clip (can tie lanyard on the standoff)

I second everything said here!
:spyder: Andy :spyder:
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

bobec36 wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:Delica 4 S110V with blue g10 and deep carry wire clip
Manbug 52100 with carbon fiber scales
PM3 any steel any scale but no lanyard hole and deep carry clip (can tie lanyard on the standoff)

I second everything said here!
Thirds and fourths and fifths on that Delica and Para 3.
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

C54 Calypso + any premium stainless flavored steels + CF scales. Deep pocket clip would be great too.

(Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier, but don't have time to read entire thread at the moment).
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Para 3 in S90V with the Taichung CF like on the GB and a Ti clip, deepcarry if possible, make me happy Sal :rolleyes:
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Anything in super blue - grey fishscale frn Calypso jr would be fine

3v hossoms?

How about a dyad with a different steel on each blade?
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Para Military 2, Titanium (or Peel-Ply CF Handles), Damasteel 'Odin's Eye' pattern blade

The following are examples of Damasteel - Odin's Eye blade material:
Last edited by Hopweaver on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

toomzz wrote:Para 3 in S90V with the Taichung CF like on the GB and a Ti clip, deepcarry if possible, make me happy Sal :rolleyes:
I wasn't that far off.....I will add the deepcarry clip.....thanks Sal & Eric...... :rolleyes:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Sliverax in M4.

Too soon? I don't think so :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
vivi

Post by vivi »

FFG Pacific Salt with a pointier tip and foliage green handle, DLC SE blade. I'd grab 10 and never buy another folder.
Germinalphrase

Post by Germinalphrase »

Rookie > k390 > navy g10