Substitute for Lynch clips?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mad german

Substitute for Lynch clips?

Post by mad german »

Hey all- I'd love to get some Lynch deep carry clips for my Para 3 and Native 5, but they seem to be about as available as a winning Powerball ticket. What are some good alternatives? I hear good stuff about the MXG clips, but before I spend my hard earned $, I thought I'd see what you guys are putting on your Spydies in lieu of a Lynch deep carry clip.

Thx all!
My collection is ever changing!
farnorthdan

Re: Substitute for Lynch clips?

Post by farnorthdan »

I have used them all, Lynch are good but MXG are just as good, also Pops aren't bad. I kinda gave up trying to get anymore lynch and have been using MXG mostly.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Hi,

I've used both and it seems to me that the hole to reach the screws for installation on the Lynch is a bit smaller than the MXGear clips. I do prefer the MXGear clips and just ordered some for my Domino and Calypso Sprint Run (uses Benchmade pattern). Below is a comparison shot between the standard Spyderco clip vs the MXGear deep carry pocket clip.
Attachments
Manix2_MXGvsStandard_051917 (Small).JPG
dman62

Post by dman62 »

In the slow process of switching all my Millies and Para2's to MXG clips.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I'm sure Lynch clips are good but I never cared for the looks. I have eight from MXGear; fit and finish are all nice, no complaints. Currently trying out Pop's Custom Clips. Have two so far and a third on the way. So far I like the fit and finish of Pop's the best. What I really like is his high level of customer service. He's a very responsive communicator and has worked with me to meet my requests. You don't see many makers offering custom deep carry pocket clips for knives like the Spyderco Starmate (sprint) or Boker's Kwaiken, but he came thru for me and made clips that I feel match the esthetics of the respective knives, as opposed to a generic one size fits all look.
sp4n1sh

Post by sp4n1sh »

MXG clips are great. i gave up on Lynch clips a while ago, great reputation, but impossible to get. i'm a big fan of the blue anodized deep carry as it blends in with most of my jeans for a low profile carry. i actually have two more coming in the mail any day now.
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

I think this is a missed opportunity for Spyderco, imho they should be making and selling a short titanium deep carry clip. There is obviously a market for it. Would be a nice accessory to add to their catalog. I would be willing to spend a few more dollars to get a Spyderco branded clip vs plain generic clip.
:spyder:
bolabeenz

Post by bolabeenz »

I have 7 Spydies with Pop's clips. I like them. Discreet and secure.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

425KRS wrote:I think this is a missed opportunity for Spyderco...
I wish Spyderco would develop more clip options as well. Say for example, they could still produce and sell knives with stock clips, but offer a standardised selection of upgraded clips that can be purchased separately.

Anyway, Sal once expressed that they prefer to deliberately leave that market open for the independent makers.
Revival

Post by Revival »

Nevermind