Best price/service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
LDB

Best price/service

Post by LDB »

Who is your go to source for the best combination of price and customer service when buy knives? I'm thinking of adding an Assist Salt next and who knows after that.
murphjd25

Re: Best price/service

Post by murphjd25 »

I only buy from Blade HQ or Tyler over at GP Knives. Very trusted and reputable Spyderco dealers. With the new MAP pricing it's all the same everywhere, besides amazon or eBay but then your taking a big chance on getting a fake.
Josh
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Blade HQ, Knife Center, Cutlery Shoppe are my usuals.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Knife Outlet has some private sales every now and then, but you have to sign up for their emailer. They only send it out once or twice a month though, so it's not too bad.

MidwayUSA has decent sales now and then too, but it bugs me that they ship out in padded envelopes. Both knife boxes were pretty beat up by the time they got to me this last time.

I've always had good luck with New Graham, Knifecenter, and Knifeworks as well.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Knifecenter, New Graham, Blade HQ, Knifeworks, DLT Trading, Cutlery Shoppe, I'm sure I've forgotten some...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like knifeworks but to be honest there are about 15 vendors I look at. All the above are good. I try to support vendors who support bladeforums, who commission bad *** exclusives and vendors who take the time and resources to post knife videos on YouTube. I see the latter as value added worth something. Amazon and the big box stores don't donate to Kniferights but some of the vendors that will be suggested in this thread do. I like to support companies who support the hobby/industry. MAP has really leveled the playing field so these other factors can have more weight.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

i now use exclusively new graham or knife center. prices are all pretty much the same and these guys are on the east coast so if i get my order in early enough shipping is the same day and i may get my stuff the next day, but no more than 2 days. i go with established dealers now to eliminate the fake product baloney instead of using ebay and amazon.
LDB

Post by LDB »

Yes, I want to pretty much stay away from Amazon or ebay. I know a few of the names mentioned but there are some new ones to me as well. It's always fun to visit a new website and check out their differences. Thanks for the replies so far.
qazy

Post by qazy »

Bentobox, look no further :confused:
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

If the vendor says they are an authorized Spyderco dealer then you can purchase with confidence. I go to BHQ, Blade OPs, Knife Center and the others listed in this thread. I like BladeOps because it's always free shipping on all orders. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"

Post by 017 »

Last edited by 017 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Knifeworks.com and knifecenter.com have always been good to me, especially knifeworks.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

BladeHQ is always my first stop.

I had to return a knife to them once. No fault of the knife or of BHQ, just wasn't the right knife for the person I bought it for. The process was super simple and smooth and they were great to deal with. I also get very fast shipping.

I have no doubt others are as good but BHQ has just been go-to for a long time so I stick with them.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I prefer shopping with Spyderco and Country Knives for my Spyderco knives... both have great selection of products as well as outstanding customer service. I've also shopped with Knife Center and they're great as well.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
palonej

Post by palonej »

Knifeworks, Cutlery Shoppe.....Jeff is a great guy to deal with!! White Mountain Knives on eBay......one man shop and Justin will do whatever it takes to satisfy!! Fave dealer!! Blade HQ.....the most excellent customer service!
Honorable mentions.......House of Blades, Adams Int......great autos!!
Joe
Leadsled

Post by Leadsled »

017 wrote:I always buy from National Knives.
I discovered National Knives while I was in pre-order purgatory with another company for the Para 3. Have ordered twice from them and my next new purchase will be from them.

I do, however, muck the bottom of eBay for good used deals for models with no counterfeits. Have made some good value buys.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

KnifeWorks, Knifecenter, Blade HQ, Cutlery Shoppe.