C152RN Raffir Noble Chaparral Showcase...POST YOURS UP!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
paladin

C152RN Raffir Noble Chaparral Showcase...POST YOURS UP!!!

Post by paladin »

The Spyderco C152RN Raffir Noble Chappy is a drop dead STUNNER!!!

This has got to be the best value in production blades this year...

My only regret is my poor skill set at photographing all the beauty and fire of the handles of this model. :o

Anyways, with the possibility of INFINITE BEAUTY in the brass/bronze mesh, I thought it'd be a good idea to showcase the model for everyones' viewing enjoyment and posterity.

Thanks Sal, Eric, Gail, and Spyderco Crew! :D :spyder: :D

A thing of beauty is a joy forever... John Keats from Endymion, 1818

Check out the "depth" of the pattern! :D

I am having trouble with dynamic lighting in an attempt to capture the "fire" in its true splendor :o
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
Sharp Guy

Re: C152RN Raffir Noble Chaparral Showcase...POST YOURS UP!!!

Post by Sharp Guy »

Very nice paladin!!! I may have to get one of these just because....
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Holy sh*t.
:eek:
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Yours looks amazing paladin! Wow!!!!!
Josh
paladin

Post by paladin »

murphjd25 wrote:Yours looks amazing paladin! Wow!!!!!
Thanks murph! I think the most "amazing" thing about this model is the possibility of truly ENDLESS VARIETY & BEAUTY! :D :spyder: :D
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Wow, that is beautiful!!! I love the look of the copper in there, and that alone may have sold me!! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see more!
-Nick :bug-red
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

That one looks awesome, mine came today too, kind of a dud, I'll post up later when i get home
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ninewalker

Post by ninewalker »

I only have crappy cellphone pics that don't do it justice but my chappy is stunning. If it catches the light in such a way, it sparkles.

With the rest of the family!

Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

I didn't think I needed one of these, but the more pictures I see the more that seems to be changing
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
Nate

Post by Nate »

^^ Thought I'd be able to resist this one and wait for the frn, but every pic chips away at my resolve lol.

Might have to call my LKS and see if they're getting any so I can see it person and potentially hand-pick
:spyder:
paladin

Post by paladin »

Nate wrote:^^ Thought I'd be able to resist this one and wait for the frn, but every pic chips away at my resolve lol.

Might have to call my LKS and see if they're getting any so I can see it person and potentially hand-pick
Well, I'd say that calls for..... MORE PICs....BRRRRIIIINNNNGGG IT!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Lol, thanks Palidan. :p

Lots of great looking pics here and in the other threads, but the presentation side on yours looks nearly ideal, NOT helping.

Congrats!
:spyder:
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Show side blows, B side not so bad. I'd say this is the first dud I've had in a very long run, probably the last 20-30 :spyder:'s have been perfect so I guess I was due a dud, oh well, this one will be a user for sure, might roll the dice on a second one for the collection.

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
paladin

Post by paladin »

farnorthdan wrote:Show side blows, B side not so bad. I'd say this is the first dud I've had in a very long run, probably the last 20-30 :spyder:'s have been perfect so I guess I was due a dud, oh well, this one will be a user for sure, might roll the dice on a second one for the collection.

Wow, wth?...I'm surprised that even got thru QC <smh :confused: >...can you send it back in or get a refund altogether?

I wouldn't even accept that scale on the clip side...that's....just...sad... :(

I realize it's random, but geez loueeze, that's Charlie Brown Christmas Tree Depressing right there! :(

But you're right about the other-- that's a nice obverse side. :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I'll probably just pull the clip like Paul and make it a deep pocket carry and beat the snot out of it, I'll try again down the road sometime for a better one.

SF Native

Post by SF Native »

farnorthdan wrote:Show side blows, B side not so bad. I'd say this is the first dud I've had in a very long run, probably the last 20-30 :spyder:'s have been perfect so I guess I was due a dud, oh well, this one will be a user for sure, might roll the dice on a second one for the collection.

You should put the clip on the other side and sell to a lefty.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

The pics of those last two make me glad I haven't ordered one yet.............. :(
mattman

Post by mattman »

I kinda like Dan's example... Won't be many like it, either.
If it really bothers you, I'll be happy to take it, so you can try for one that suits you better...
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

As some of us now know, taking pictures of this thing is no easy task! I tried to get one showing some of the depth/layers of the material suspended in the acrylic. Mine has a very nice presentation side (looks sorta camo), and a slightly sparse clip side. It came with a pretty good scratch already in the scale, so we'll see how it holds up riding in my pocket with my keys (that laminated CF on my other Chaparral has proven virtually indestructible).