C152RN Raffir Noble Chaparral Showcase...POST YOURS UP!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
3rdGenRigger

Re: C152RN Raffir Noble Chaparral Showcase...POST YOURS UP!!!

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Pictures of my new ride are in the appropriate thread in the pictures section of the forum...6 vehicles isn't too many, I swear...

And yeah, I'm very happy with both sides of my Chap.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

Here's the one Rob at National Knives picked for me. He was so helpful. I emailed a picture of a one I liked a lot, one I didn't like and another that I felt was unacceptable. He picked this one and I really like it. Now I just have to wait for it to get here. CTS-XHP is my favorite steel, so I'm excited.
Attachments
IMG_2565.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

I like that one. Mine is fine on the one side, but the clip side I don't like at all.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

After seeing the Raffir Noble at the meet combined with how much I like my Stepped Ti Chap, I knew I just had to own one.
As soon as they were available, I jumped on it and bought one.
Waiting for the knife to finally come in, I got a fair bit anxious about how mine turned out; seeing how some are a bit of a miss...
Well... mine finally came in the mail today and I just know how to feel about it...

Taking it out of the bubble wrap revealed a lovely clip side, but the show side really let me down :(
Now I know there are "worse" ones out there, but I just don't know how to feel about this one.
This is the first time since starting the Spyderco collection that I'm getting some buyers remorse.

The production prototype shown at the meet might've raised my expectations a bit too high;
but normally I don't have a whole lot to be nitpicky about with Spydies from Taichung.
Perhaps Spyderco will offer a service where you can buy a seperate scale or something, but I'm not sure about that one.
I'd hate to say it (seeing how I don't do this with any other Spyderco knives), but this one might be a catch and release :(
(Still have to think on it for a while though.)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

I was actually considering getting closeup pictures of my scales and asking to trade the one that I don't like with someone else who may fancy what I have better.

When you look at mine, each side of the knife looks completely different and not in a good way. My clip side has very little design, to the point where you can see every portion of the liner.
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Mine arrived today- I LOVE it.....My first Chap, but even the wife (who is a jeweller) says the scale is beautiful.

Presentation side is crammed to the point of bursting- and lovely
Clip side is more sparse when viewed square on- I've seen some complaints about that here, but for me the Rafir is to be turned about in your hand and appreciated for the little gem that it is. When you do that with the sparse areas, you get to appreciate the detail in the gauze and the depth of the scale.
A sod to photograph but lovely
Sunlight brings out new highlight
Here's the sparser clip side in a view to appreciate the joys:
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

That one is real nice Demoncase, congrats.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

farnorthdan wrote:That one is real nice Demoncase, congrats.
It is a real treat- Here's another shot to tease :D

Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/