Color Poll for the Chaparral Light Weight

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What color of scales would you like to see on the upcoming Chaparral LW?

Gray
18%
Yellow
1%
Red
9%
Dark Blue
22%
Delica Blue
6%
Brown
5%
Burgundy
18%
Toxic Green
4%
Orange
7%
Other
10%

Total votes: 279

mattman

Re: Color Poll for the Chaparral Light Weight

Post by mattman »

Spydersense wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
Reject wrote:How about denim blue with a tumbled blade, to the point where it is almost a blue/grey.

A gent’s knife for the gent at the end of the working week and is in blue jeans over the weekend.
This gets my vote!!! :cool: John
I like this idea as well.
I like this idea too!
(With the etched/tumbled clip, also)
Perfect casual/weekend combo.
Great idea Reject!
mattman

Post by mattman »

mattman wrote:
Spydersense wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
Reject wrote:How about denim blue with a tumbled blade, to the point where it is almost a blue/grey.

A gent’s knife for the gent at the end of the working week and is in blue jeans over the weekend.
This gets my vote!!! :cool: John
I like this idea as well.
I like this idea too!
(With the etched/tumbled clip, also)
Perfect casual/weekend combo.
Great idea Reject!
Is it possible to bring back the old ZDP blue for this?
(That's the denim blue I have in my head...)
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

Although I voted for burgundy, I'm liking the vote count on dark blue. Would be nice to see a true midnight blue, or a blue that matches the tone of the open ocean on a sunny day. It should be brighter, less subdued than the Manix 2 LW.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I vote white, which I think looks good on its own, and offers endless dying possibilities.
Sirens1

Post by Sirens1 »

I vote other: ZOME light grey & white.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Dark Blue, please. Count me out if it comes in Model T black. Grey and Orange are my next choices.
I see the other models of Chaparral as the gents folder, the lightweight is more of utility knife.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Nate

Post by Nate »

JRinFL wrote: I see the other models of Chaparral as the gents folder, the lightweight is more of utility knife.
Had that thought myself. I'm not really looking at the frn Chap as a gent's knife when they come in CF, Ti, and RN.

Color-wise I'd like a red/maroon/burgundy too but could only pick three for the poll.

I'll dust this one off for the colors:

The 2015 lw was very close in to the older UKPK scales in person, but sold slow, so that might cause some concern for the :spyder: crew.
:spyder:
jafnvaegi

Post by jafnvaegi »

A deep charcoal gray would look stellar! Anything darker would be nice though.
Chaparral LW ▴ Air ▴ Slysz Bowie
jstrange

Post by jstrange »

Nate wrote:
JRinFL wrote: I see the other models of Chaparral as the gents folder, the lightweight is more of utility knife.
Had that thought myself. I'm not really looking at the frn Chap as a gent's knife when they come in CF, Ti, and RN.

Color-wise I'd like a red/maroon/burgundy too but could only pick three for the poll.

I'll dust this one off for the colors:

The 2015 lw was very close in to the older UKPK scales in person, but sold slow, so that might cause some concern for the :spyder: crew.
Those both look nice.
:spyder: jstrange
Reject

Post by Reject »

May I also add; :rolleyes: this of course would be dependent on whether the moulds for the FRN have been made yet.
If the FRN handle was to be a Denim blue colour. Could the grip texture be a denim weave pattern?

:o Quoting oneself seems so wrong.
How much can a Koala bear?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

The sky at night is not black, it is actually very dark blue.

I am liking the way the choices are shaping up, with dark blue first, followed by grey, then burgundy/dark red.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think this poll set green up to fail. Otherwise I like the colors being chosen.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I think this poll set green up to fail. Otherwise I like the colors being chosen.
Yea I might have chosen green if it was a dark forest green or something but I would never pick toxic green..
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

I think the gentlemanly reputation of the Chap deserves a darker colour, so I'm liking the results so far. I'd be very happy with blue or grey.
Although I still think the LW version would be an excellent platform for sprints with different colours and steels.
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

This would make a great forum knife, wouldn't it? It could be in a color only available to forum members. I am okay with the steel, but some exotic steel choice along with the special color would be nice.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
attila

Post by attila »

Doc Dan wrote:This would make a great forum knife, wouldn't it? It could be in a color only available to forum members. I am okay with the steel, but some exotic steel choice along with the special color would be nice.
Ooo! Chapparral forum knife is a great idea!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

Doc Dan wrote:This would make a great forum knife, wouldn't it? It could be in a color only available to forum members. I am okay with the steel, but some exotic steel choice along with the special color would be nice.
I like the way you think
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Slumblor wrote:
I like the way you think
Me too! I'd be fine with a nice color FRN or even textured G10 to keep the price down. Bring it!!!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

I'm now in for dark blue. My #1 choice.

Nothing bright. Nothing white. Please.

Forest Green would be sweet, as would BRG.

Burgundy would be OK but not great.

The blue on the FFG Delica 4 would be awesome!

Charcoal would be a winner, too.
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V