Endura or Police or Paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
LDB

Endura or Police or Paramilitary 2

Post by LDB »

I'm stuck choosing between an Endura stainless or Police. I can't see a really convincing reason to choose one over the other. Any and all constructive thoughts, comments and suggestions are appreciated. Oh, and for the scolders I did try a search but got either zero or 12,883 results, neither of which were helpful. And I just got an email offer of a Paramilitary 2 for $110.99 shipped to my door so that's the third suspect now.
JAfromMN

Re: Endura or Police or Paramilitary 2

Post by JAfromMN »

We need more info.

What do you plan on using it for?

Ffg or saber ground endura ? Serrated or plane edgeThe ss police is hollow ground

Pm2 is ffg.

I'm a endura user but I do carry a police when I dress up.
LDB

Post by LDB »

It will be an edc that 99% just rides around in my pocket with once in a while opening a box or other minimal task. Either plain edge or PS, just not fully serrated. I don't have a preference on grind.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Pm2 or Para 3 over both others. Smoother action, more luxeous fit and finish, FFG, nice package in your pocket (IMHO)
anycal

Post by anycal »

That's a tough one. I assume you are thinking both Endura and Police in stainless steel. Is that the appeal for you? Both have very similar specs, including steel and country of origin. Police is slightly longer - that would be a plus for me.

What the Paramilitary 2 has,
- Fun factor - the lock. Countless hours spent playing with it.
- Adjustable pivot. Actually the whole knife can be taken apart.
- Number of steel options
- US made - plus for me as a local

I don't have any all SS knives. Although I am more familiar with the Endura, I would pick the Police.

That said, can't wait for Police 4 to come out.
Peter
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Endura is the strongest of the 3 and a good hard use knife

The police is a bit longer with a wicked fine tip that's better for self defense and fine cutting tasks

The para is a great all around knife . probably the best out of the 3 for a edc blade. Its a strong knife, nice size and a great cutter.

I'm a long time endura abuser and I got to suggest you try one of them first.

Waring

Spyderco s are highly addictive :)
LDB

Post by LDB »

I just found the Caly 3.5 carbon fiber ZDP-189 for $102.99 and took advantage of that as I think that's a really good deal on that knife. I also ordered the PM2 for $110.99 as that seems like a bit better than usual deal on it. The Endura and Police will stay on the suspects list and I think I'll add either the Assist or Assist Salt to the suspect list as well, maybe next in line.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Awesome ^
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

LDB wrote:I just found the Caly 3.5 carbon fiber ZDP-189 for $102.99 and took advantage of that as I think that's a really good deal on that knife. I also ordered the PM2 for $110.99 as that seems like a bit better than usual deal on it. The Endura and Police will stay on the suspects list and I think I'll add either the Assist or Assist Salt to the suspect list as well, maybe next in line.
My two favorites when I am in jurisdictions that allow blades that long. Caly 3.5 gets a wee bit more PT but PM2 is just so sweet to play with.

Great choices in my humble and novice opinion!
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

No wonder the Caly isn't available anymore. You got the last one :eek:
Chris :spyder:
LDB

Post by LDB »

Possibly although I think one more person mentioned getting it after I did.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I would take the Endura, hands down. Now, when the new Police 4 comes out, I will probably change my opinion.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
LDB

Post by LDB »

I just ordered the lightweight orange Manix 2 from CS. I think it's supposed to be a somewhat limited run. Mainly I just really like the orange color.
LDB

Post by LDB »

The Caly 3.5 ZDP189 arrived a few minutes ago. It is nice. I'm not posting photos as it's identical to others posted as well as on Spyderco's website except for having my fingerprints on it instead of other peoples. Did I mention this is a nice knife? If you don't already have one you probably want one. Oh yeah, I should include this is really a nice knife. ;)