Reinhold Rhino Update

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BrianMcCord

Re: Reinhold Rhino Update

Post by BrianMcCord »

wapti6x6 wrote:So when is this knife EVER going to be released?
When it is ready and up to standards, I assume.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

BrianMcCord wrote:
Spydersense wrote:
wapti6x6 wrote:So when is this knife EVER going to be released?
Never! The entire batch is on display in Sal's man cave. He likes them so much, that he doesn't want anyone else to have one.
I know it is off-topic, but I LOVE my Lil' Native. I will be sure to follow suit when I hit 1000. People like you make this forum great.

I had a rough 2017, but your generosity put me back on track. Thanks!

Well, you're very welcome! I can't take all the credit though. I was just paying it forward from a couple of years ago when I won a similar giveaway from RadioactiveSpyder.

Now, as for the Rhino; I have a hunch that the wait won't be much longer. At least, that's what I tell myself.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
attila

Post by attila »

Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
SG89

Post by SG89 »

when you add to cart it's just the $5 pre-order down payment
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

attila wrote:Image
Preordering now. Saw the email from BHQ today while at work
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Pre ordered :)

Edit*- Guess I jumped the gun. Canceled this pre-order because I can get it cheaper direct from SFO when it drops. ;)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
BravoTango

Post by BravoTango »

I pre-ordered from BHQ as well. This little knife hits all the marks for a must have. Any chance of a Rhino XL in the future? I think it would be the bees knees in a 3.5-4.0" blade.
:spyder: Ben,

The North Remembers.

Has (Always in flux): Shaman, Chef, Techno, M390 Para 3, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 M4. Manix 2 XL, Blue Weave Domino, CF Chaparral, Vtoku2 Endura 4, D-Fly Salt Hawk SE.[/s].

Wants: Manix 2 XL CPM-M4 or 4V, Compression Lock, Tip-up Military, Yojimbo 2 XL.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

BravoTango wrote:I pre-ordered from BHQ as well. This little knife hits all the marks for a must have. Any chance of a Rhino XL in the future? I think it would be the bees knees in a 3.5-4.0" blade.
Thank you kindly for the support on the Rhino, Ben. :) I would love to hear your thoughts on the design after it arrives. As for the possibility of a larger version, I obviously can’t speak for Spyderco, but I believe a lot would depend on how well the first (smaller) version is received. (For what it’s worth, I do have a larger prototype ready-to-go in the event that things move that way).
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Now that BHQ has a preorder up, are we thinking days or weeks before it drops?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

ZrowsN1s wrote:Now that BHQ has a preorder up, are we thinking days or weeks before it drops?
I sent an inquiry to Spyderco last week and am just waiting on a response. Hopefully we'll hear something soon! :)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Rtal

Post by Rtal »

Another little big knife I am looking forward to! Hopefully soon.
Try to out love, out serve and out forgive.
My EDC rotation: Urban Elmax, Lil Native backlock, FRN Chaparral
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I can't wait to see some size comparison shots of this one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm so ready for this knife :D

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

ZrowsN1s wrote:I'm so ready for this knife :D
Thanks, man. Me too. :)

One thing folks may not know about the Rhino...

I originally sketched this design sometime in early 2014, just a few months before my mother passed away. I went through some dark days after she passed, but being able to focus on making that first Rhino really helped me think more positively about my life and what I was doing. I owe a lot to my mom. She was an artist and had a very keen eye for design.

Good stuff.

-Michael

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

That makes this a special design indeed. Thanks for sharing the backstory. Can't wait to try it out.

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:09 pm
That makes this a special design indeed. Thanks for sharing the backstory. Can't wait to try it out.
Thank you for the kind words, my friend. :)

gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

Thanks for sharing your story SpyderNut. It really does make the design even more special. Sounds like it was a good thing then that Spyderco is taking the time to revamp and make sure the knife is just right before releasing it.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

gundamaniac wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:20 pm
Thanks for sharing your story SpyderNut. It really does make the design even more special. Sounds like it was a good thing then that Spyderco is taking the time to revamp and make sure the knife is just right before releasing it.
Thank you, sir. :) I am hoping that folks will enjoy it after it arrives. The Amalgam looks fantastic, by the way! I’m definitely looking forward to this one. Very happy for you!

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I've been checking every morning to see if this has dropped yet. I imagine it's gotta be soon.

Northglenn500

Post by Northglenn500 »

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but does anyone know if the handle will be a full, four-fingered grip? It kinda looks like it was made for only three, but it's hard to tell.