Reinhold Rhino Update

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
attila

Re: Reinhold Rhino Update

Post by attila »

I'm sure there are many as interested in this as I am, but I'm usually not in the know, so I was wondering if anyone has heard ETA or cost estimates yet? Thanks.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

attila wrote:I'm sure there are many as interested in this as I am, but I'm usually not in the know, so I was wondering if anyone has heard ETA or cost estimates yet? Thanks.
Nothin yet. Soon though I imagine.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

You think we might see the Rhino by Halloween? Between the Hawkbill DFly, and the New Yojimbo, I really have no business to ask for more, but the Rhino has been on my mind for a while, and I haven't lost interest despite all the awesome knives that have come out this year and are still to come. :D
jhjh.jpg
Any updates?

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

ZrowsN1s wrote:You think we might see the Rhino by Halloween? Between the Hawkbill DFly, and the New Yojimbo, I really have no business to ask for more, but the Rhino has been on my mind for a while, and I haven't lost interest despite all the awesome knives that have come out this year and are still to come. :D
jhjh.jpg
Any updates?
Nice picture, Zrows! Man, I totally agree. It would be great to see the Rhino out by Halloween. I haven't received any updates recently, but Eric said at Blade that they were working very diligently on the Rhino. Let's hope soon. Thank you for your interest! :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
palonej

Post by palonej »

Wellllllllll........we're waaaiiiting!!!! Quite impatiently!!!
:D :D
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. With the compression lock, XHP, the PB washers and the G-10/CF, I know this is going to be a keeper. I'm really looking forward to trying this blade shape on a small knife. I've got a custom clip point fixed blade I've had for years, it will be awesome to have that style in a companion blade size but at Spyderco's and Taichung's level of quality. I'll wait however long it takes them. Let us know if you hear any more gossip Michael!

timlara

Post by timlara »

I like my Mini Persian 2 quite a bit, so I'm hoping the Rhino blade shape handles kind of similar to that. I'm always up for more compression lock models in general!
Tim
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi all, I dumped the "Photobucketed" pic on the previous page and uploaded a new one for us to drool over! :D

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SG89

Post by SG89 »

can't wait to get this knife
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

ZrowsN1s wrote:I'm sure it will be worth the wait. With the compression lock, XHP, the PB washers and the G-10/CF, I know this is going to be a keeper. I'm really looking forward to trying this blade shape on a small knife. I've got a custom clip point fixed blade I've had for years, it will be awesome to have that style in a companion blade size but at Spyderco's and Taichung's level of quality. I'll wait however long it takes them. Let us know if you hear any more gossip Michael!
You bet. I will do! :) By the way, that's a very sweet looking FB you've to there. Congrats!

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

timlara wrote:I like my Mini Persian 2 quite a bit, so I'm hoping the Rhino blade shape handles kind of similar to that. I'm always up for more compression lock models in general!
Me too. :) I was really pleased when I first heard that the Rhino would feature the Compression Lock. Eric and Sal have an uncanny ability to look at a design and determine which lock would best fit the design's intended use and function, no doubt about it.

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Hi all, I dumped the "Photobucketed" pic on the previous page and uploaded a new one for us to drool over! :D

Thank you, my friend. That's a nice picture. I haven't held the Rhino for well over a year now, so the picture definitely helps ease my suffering. ;) :)

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:can't wait to get this knife
Thanks, SG. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Michael, this is the most anticipated knife since it was announced. I am looking forward to its arrival.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Doc Dan wrote:Michael, this is the most anticipated knife since it was announced. I am looking forward to its arrival.
Thank you for the kind words, Dan! It means a lot. Appreciate your continued support. :)

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

SpyderNut wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:Michael, this is the most anticipated knife since it was announced. I am looking forward to its arrival.
Thank you for the kind words, Dan! It means a lot. Appreciate your continued support. :)
Boy, you really are up late at night, aren't you? You must be designing a new knife. :)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Doc Dan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
Boy, you really are up late at night, aren't you? You must be designing a new knife. :)
Haha! Good catch. ;) I'm actually on a little family trip out to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Just arrived today. My body is still trying to figure out which time zone it belongs to. :o I do have my drawing equipment with me, so a few new knifes sketches are definitely on my mind. :D

malice

Post by malice »

Yeah,

must admit I was a bit saddened by the news of the probable price increase, just like a lot of other members.
There went my plan to use the rhino as a gateway drug for the friends.

But you know what, it's still an awesome design,
and the moment I get it, it's going straight in the pocket,
because I'm going to put that little beastie to work !

Yeah, the increase in price will make it get passed on my 'must buy' list by the hawkbill dragonfly,
but I'm still bl**dy buying it !

And now that I think about it,
those two would actually compliment eachother quite nicely in rotation.
One is impervious to the elements and good at ripping cuts.
The other would be a bit more 'dressed-up' and with the trailing point looks to be a great slicer.

Well, sorry for the long post (no potatoes here),
really looking forward to this one,
and best of luck with your new designs Michael !
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

malice wrote:Yeah,

must admit I was a bit saddened by the news of the probable price increase, just like a lot of other members.
There went my plan to use the rhino as a gateway drug for the friends.

But you know what, it's still an awesome design,
and the moment I get it, it's going straight in the pocket,
because I'm going to put that little beastie to work !

Yeah, the increase in price will make it get passed on my 'must buy' list by the hawkbill dragonfly,
but I'm still bl**dy buying it !

And now that I think about it,
those two would actually compliment eachother quite nicely in rotation.
One is impervious to the elements and good at ripping cuts.
The other would be a bit more 'dressed-up' and with the trailing point looks to be a great slicer.

Well, sorry for the long post (no potatoes here),
really looking forward to this one,
and best of luck with your new designs Michael !
Thank you for your kind words and support on the Rhino, Malice! I really do appreciate that very much. I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on the design after you've had a chance to use it. :)

Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Can't wait for this one. Such an aesthetically pleasing design.