Who has USED the Manbug Salt Sheepsfoot?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: Who has USED the Manbug Salt Sheepsfoot?

Post by Evil D »

Jazz wrote:
OakTree wrote:Manbug Wharncliffe. You heard it here first.
I drew this a while ago. I'd love it.

As long as it's FFG I'll buy it. Any steel but preferably PE on that one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Evil D wrote:
Jazz wrote:

As long as it's FFG I'll buy it. Any steel but preferably PE on that one.
Same here, exactly. It would be a great backup to a regular knife.
- best wishes, Jazz.
cliff_B07

Post by cliff_B07 »

I was also hoping for it to have more of a drop point blade. As well as a different colour than the classic salt yellow.

It's still a nice knife given its features.

That Wharncliffe sketch is pretty neat.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Mine met the Atlantic today at Nag's Head, NC. Riding on a keyring in my board shorts with another important vacation tool. Getting used a lot for various tasks.

Brought the Manbug and a UKPK, they're the only knives in the beach house here worth a darn, though I may do some emergency sharpening on a couple of the kitchen knives. :)
:spyder:
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Outer Banks rocks. Enjoy.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I've been opening lots if things with mine. I really like it. Nice pic, Nate.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

... and weirdly enough, I just whittled twigs with it. Nice.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Thanks gents!

The knives here are so bad my wife just used her pink Ladybug to make chicken salad. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUuTvQNgZhm/

I did put a decent edge on one of the kitchen knives with a concrete brick and then refined on the bottom of a coffee mug, but the :spyder:s here are still seeing the vast majority of the action. I feel like a dolt for not throwing the South Fork in my bag. :o

It is kind of fun "roughing it" with the bugs and UKPK though. Sorry for the thread drift, just thought it was cute.
:spyder:
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Gonna try to keep this thread alive! Manbug Salt is a knife I keep going back and forth on and haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm trying to bug Jazz enough that he'll do another of his awesome videos featuring the Manbug so I can see it in action. The Ladybug hawkbill is a cool looking little knife as well, but some of the complaints of it not being that sturdy have pushed me to stay in the Manbug camp. Also the sheepsfoot doesn't seem TOO far off from the hawkbill. Serrated H1 has me mesmerized for the time being so adding this little guy to my stable seems like the thing to do. Everyone still liking theirs?? PICTURES??
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Well, if my wife didn't decide I needed to put up shelves today, I might have started on a vid. If you don't have one, you need one. It's a great knife. Here's a quick pic...

- best wishes, Jazz.
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Haha! Well if you got caught up doing stuff for the wife I won't harass you too badly. I'll wait patiently. Great photo. I'm VERY close to ordering one of these bad boys. Starting to drool more heavily :p
Jazz wrote:Well, if my wife didn't decide I needed to put up shelves today, I might have started on a vid. If you don't have one, you need one. It's a great knife. Here's a quick pic...

clovisc

Post by clovisc »

It is fantastic -- like a tiny chainsaw. I have been carrying it daily since getting one. Rips through cardboard, fishing line, small pieces of rope, and opens a wide assortment of items on a regular basis. The amount of cutting it can do for its size and weight is expectedly remarkable. I have never felt like I am missing out by carrying a sheepsfoot rather than a blade with a more defined tip. Three thumbs up on this one!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I certainly want one but it's a little too similar to my Ladybug rescue, which lives on my motorcycle keys.

THAT last got used in anger a few weeks ago when I picked up a double puncture from a (packing/ fencing???) staple in my rear tyre when I was ******* miles from anywhere in the Picos of northern Spain. I used it to trim off the repair plugs I had to put in my tyre...

It was a new bloomin' tyre, as well.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

ChrisinHove wrote:I certainly want one but it's a little too similar to my Ladybug rescue, which lives on my motorcycle keys.

THAT last got used in anger a few weeks ago when I picked up a double puncture from a (packing/ fencing???) staple in my rear tyre when I was ******* miles from anywhere in the Picos of northern Spain. I used it to trim off the repair plugs I had to put in my tyre...

I have a hard time feeling sorry for you in beautiful Spain on a motorcycle...I am picturing the black bull statues on the mountains and some senorita in an Alfa Romeo stopping to lend a hand and taking you out for tapas, while you use a Spyderco to slice up said meal...
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd I just ordered one. Can't let everyone else have all the fun. Plus not having one to play with when Jazz unleashes his Manbug Salt video would be pure torture! I should have mine by the end of the week. STILL wish these had the option of attaching the small wire clip. Dare to dream.
clovisc wrote:It is fantastic -- like a tiny chainsaw. I have been carrying it daily since getting one. Rips through cardboard, fishing line, small pieces of rope, and opens a wide assortment of items on a regular basis. The amount of cutting it can do for its size and weight is expectedly remarkable. I have never felt like I am missing out by carrying a sheepsfoot rather than a blade with a more defined tip. Three thumbs up on this one!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

You're going to like the tough little yellow guy. The vid is is the planning stages.
- best wishes, Jazz.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

twinboysdad wrote:
ChrisinHove wrote:I certainly want one but it's a little too similar to my Ladybug rescue, which lives on my motorcycle keys.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for you in beautiful Spain on a motorcycle...I am picturing the black bull statues on the mountains and some senorita in an Alfa Romeo stopping to lend a hand and taking you out for tapas, while you use a Spyderco to slice up said meal...
If only!!!

It was in a village on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, the ancient pilgrimage route (now there's a walk and a half), so there was a cafe-bar. Could have been worse, particularly as the tyre DIDN'T let go on any of the mountain hairpins we had been riding through!
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Looking' forward to it. Mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. :)
Jazz wrote:You're going to like the tough little yellow guy. The vid is is the planning stages.
carrot

Post by carrot »

The Manbug Salt is a great little knife. Similar to the Dragonfly it can do much more than its stature suggests. It zips through cardboard and blister packs with ease. Mine has found its way into my pocket more often than not and I rarely feel under-knifed. Except when I need to cut a sandwich.
40mm

Post by 40mm »

It has arrived.
Imageimage by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr