Uh oh nutnfancy spreading misinformation...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ankerson

Re: Uh oh nutnfancy spreading misinformation...

Post by Ankerson »

demoncase wrote:
Ankerson wrote: Everyone thinks they are a star.... LOL
Most of them ARE stars: dim, distant and unable to provide any useful form of illumination :D

Like reality TV... Exactly..... :D

Totally useless. :rolleyes:
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

sal wrote:I guess we'll see if it hurts our sales?

sal
Hi Sal,

I doubt that will happen, MOST know H1 doesn't rust.

Jim
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

mb1 wrote:I've enjoyed a bit of Nutn's content, despite the constant criticism he gets. But he lost me recently when he reviewed and ENTRY LEVEL AR15 model from a company, and then dismissed the entire company based on an entry level model, without reviewing any of their higher tier offerings. That was just assinine.

I know he's a Spyderco fan. Not sure he's open to correction. The ego may rule.

It's the views that rule in the end.... It's the $$$$$$. ;)

Like TV news ratings, they create drama/issues to bump the ratings.

Saw a few videos with some saying that the top ones will do anything to get more views/subs etc. They said it's like competition for audience anymore so valid content isn't as important as it used to be.
Last edited by Ankerson on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
npad69

Post by npad69 »

sal
hi sal,
the only thing that i think could hurt your H1 sales is LC200N
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

sal
Great response Sal, hilarious. Some PR better than no PR I guess! Hopefully some of the people that didnt know about H1 before now know a little bit more (based on some of the facebook reponses on that post though, I dont have high hopes lol :D ).
:spyder:
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

I don't care to watch any of his videos but could someone with more talent than I have cut the relevant video and put it here? Just saying that I've seen some people freak out saying things that weren't actually said (apostleP) and trying to make them into some kind of Spyderco hating pre-madonna rather than simply repeating what they said or meant.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Bodog wrote:I don't care to watch any of his videos but could someone with more talent than I have cut the relevant video and put it here? Just saying that I've seen some people freak out saying things that weren't actually said (apostleP) and trying to make them into some kind of Spyderco hating pre-madonna rather than simply repeating what they said or meant.
It was on his twitter... "Did you know that H1 steel rusts? This and more in my upcoming video"

He just dropped the video today so there was no video to "freak out and be a primadonna over".

It starts around 18:00 on the video. Go watch it (Im not satan for not being able to post and edit it for you am I)and come back and give the haters your moral lesson.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Many Youtubers are struggling currently with reduced revenue due to many advertisers pulling out. Now we have a bunch of Youtubers doing whatever they can to get their views up.

As far as Nutnfancy goes, he has been spreading opinion and misinformation for years. Back in 2008 he made a video where he bucked a large tree in half with a Fiskars SPLITTING axe and concluded that axes were not good survival tools. Well, of course a full sized splitting axe is not a good survival tool. I have not paid much attention to him since. He is another person "trying" to be an expert.
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Mon May 01, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Surfingringo wrote:
VashHash wrote:There was a member who forced corrosion by placing a wet chlorine tablet on his knife. That's the only H1 corrosion I've seen so far.
I remember that. Did it actually oxidize and form red rust or did it just eat the steel?
No ferrous oxide. Just ate at the steel. I don't remember how bad it was though. Also don't remember how long he left it there but it wasn't an immediate reaction.
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

Video is up- 17:00 mark he talks about "rust" on H1. I don't see anything to get excited about. There is staining on the knife but nothing on the blade.
Afterman

Post by Afterman »

murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

That looks like a piece of dirt, can't even believe I just watched that crap.
Josh
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

This is my cheesy take: The first thing that came to mind after reading through this thread was that quote in the movie Ironman 2 (said to Tony Stark by Vanko) that states how one can bring down the Ironman (or in this case, the integrity of a rust-proof steel):

"If you can make God bleed [or make H1 rust], then people will cease to believe in Him.” – Iron Man 2, 2010
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

What if you spill ketchup on God and tell everyone you made him bleed?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Surfingringo wrote:What if you spill ketchup on God and tell everyone you made him bleed?
Precisely. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

There is a lot of chearleading, personal attacks, and un-helpful commentary going on in this thread.

I've owned half a dozen H1 knives, and none of them rusted, including a USN Catcherman. My wife owns two, a DFII and a USN catcherman. She took said catcherman on an oceanography survey, where it was used to fillet fish. Was put away without being particularly carefully cleaned, and a couple years later she pulled it out to use it and noticed what any normal person would call "rust" spotting all over the blade.

Now you can debate endlessly whether or not it "counts" as "rust," whether or not it "is actually the steel," or whatever other argument you want to make. The reality though is that any normal rational person would call what was found on the blade rust, and you can't reasonably fault someone for reaching that conclusion as it is in spots, is nice and red and crusty/bubbly, etc.

Figured I'd toss in a few pictures:
FK

Post by FK »

Looks like fish guts crap, not rust.

Regards,
FK
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I'm fairly normal and rational, but that doesn't look like rust to me, at least not rust as I've seen it. Nice knife though.
qazy

Post by qazy »

Did the exposed steel rust (bevels)? I can only see spots on the coating.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Has that Catchermam been sharpened? I ask because it seems strange that the rust is on the coating and not on the bevel. In the third pic the "rust" spot seems to stop when it hits the bare steel. There does seem to be some of it on the bottom serration though. I would have to see it in person but I question if that is rust. I wouldn't call myself normal but my rational side is telling me that is likely fish goo and maybe the remnants of some bacterial growth. What attempts have you made to remove it and was there pitting left behind?

While it is true that we can debate till the end of time if it is rust or not and while it is true that you cannot fault somebody for reaching that conclusion based on that pic that does not make it rust and it is incorrect to imply that seeking the truth is somehow irrelevant.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?