Spyderco Youtube Channel

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

Spyderco Youtube Channel

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I see the Spyderco Youtube channel hasn't been updated in a while so I was just wondering what kind of things you guys would like to see more of there? These days it's pretty easy to upload stuff with a mobile device so it would be pretty cool to see more content uploaded.

It would be interesting if they could post some video's of Sal using the Sharpmaker for example. Spyderco are using so many different steels these days and there are people out there that have difficulty with them (e.g. s110v). As the foremost expert on all things Sharpmaker, it would be interesting to see Sal give his tips, tricks and hints on getting a good edge with these newer steels. The video's wouldn't even need to be professionally shot, just a few minutes with an iphone during a lunch break. I know the Sharpmaker video is out there but it's a bit dated and I'm sure even Sal himself has learned more about the Sharpmaker since then.

It would also be interesting to see new releases being reviewed. Maybe when a new knife is brought into the SFO one of the guys and gals could upload a short video (no more than 5 mins). Just give the specs and maybe use a Delica or PM2 for size comparison and a few in hand shots?

Lastly I think it would be pretty cool to see short videos of the Spyderco stand at trade events and maybe a quick interview with one of the designers or staff members at the booth.

What would the rest of you like to see more of?
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
BrandoSpoke

Re: Spyderco Youtube Channel

Post by BrandoSpoke »

I would like to see product demos of new knives that come out
"If you talk all the time, you will never hear what anybody else has to say, and therefore, all you'll have to talk about is your own conversation."
-Alan Watts
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

I like this idea. Would love to get Sal's tips on sharpening ZDP-189 with the Sharpmaker, specially with the normal rods the SM comes with.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Lots of vendors do a great job of making presentation videos of knives but I'd love to see Spyderco do something for each knife in a similar way that Edge Observer does. I love their videos but they cover several brands and not every Spyderco option.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Evil D wrote:Lots of vendors do a great job of making presentation videos of knives but I'd love to see Spyderco do something for each knife in a similar way that Edge Observer does. I love their videos but they cover several brands and not every Spyderco option.
Why bother wasting resources when the fanatics post videos on their own dime? Part of our responsibility as addicts is to soft sell each other, thats part of spydercos genius marketing strategy.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Cheddarnut wrote:
Evil D wrote:Lots of vendors do a great job of making presentation videos of knives but I'd love to see Spyderco do something for each knife in a similar way that Edge Observer does. I love their videos but they cover several brands and not every Spyderco option.
Why bother wasting resources when the fanatics post videos on their own dime? Part of our responsibility as addicts is to soft sell each other, thats part of spydercos genius marketing strategy.

I guess just a quality thing. If you've ever watched any Edge Observer videos they do an amazing job with the camera and do a better job showing the knife than most "table top review" videos.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David