Complete list of Sal Glesser designs

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: Complete list of Sal Glesser designs

Post by Evil D »

Most artists sign their work. I wouldn't interpret it any other way.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

No one has mentioned the Mariner. This was the first knife Sal designed with the iconic Spyderedge.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

sal wrote:Hi Mac, the Renegade and the Blackhawk. :o also mine, made in Golden.

sal
Doh! Blackhawk, not Maverick. I should have known better. I read the book, The Spyderco Story.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Spy DK?
sal

Post by sal »

Mariner and SpyDK were also mine.

sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

UKPK?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:UKPK?
Yes, according to the list that was previously linked. I know he's said the Urban was his so it makes sense that the UKPK would be too.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Yes, according to the list that was previously linked. I know he's said the Urban was his so it makes sense that the UKPK would be too.
I know its his design was just hoping since he was in the thread at the time he would maybe drop some more tidbits on his designs. It was a bad attempt on my part lol :P
Spydergirl88
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

So I wonder if the Harpy is the longest continuous production design?
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Love my Aqua Salts :D
sal

Post by sal »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
I know its his design was just hoping since he was in the thread at the time he would maybe drop some more tidbits on his designs. It was a bad attempt on my part lol :P
Hi Spydergirl,

What kind of tidbits are you seeking?

sal
sal

Post by sal »

Eli Chaps wrote:So I wonder if the Harpy is the longest continuous production design?
yes, it was designed for fisherman using nets in Alaska.

sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

sal wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Hi Spydergirl,

sal
Nothing in particular, just like reading about the knives directly from the source. If I may, which knife design of yours took the longest to be produced?
Spydergirl88
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

sal wrote:
Eli Chaps wrote:So I wonder if the Harpy is the longest continuous production design?
yes, it was designed for fisherman using nets in Alaska.

sal
Thanks Sal.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
sal wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Hi Spydergirl,

sal
Nothing in particular, just like reading about the knives directly from the source. If I may, which knife design of yours took the longest to be produced?
I think I know the answer to this one and it's a model that I don't think has been listed yet. The Tusk! If I recall correctly, that design sat in the wings for years awaiting access to the right steel?
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Pac Salt & Atlantic Salt?

Sal,

Thanks for reminder of falling backwards. Applies to anyone of us :cool:
Chris :spyder:
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

Disregard...Wrong thread. :o
m6steen

Post by m6steen »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Kiwi4,
Pattada,
C54 Calypso,
Caly3,
Caly3.5,
Para1,
Chaparral,
Stretch,
Stretch2,
Temperance2,

They all bear his mark.
I think you missed the Police4. Yours even has two of Sal's marks ;).
Matt

C07 Police 4 | FRN K390
C41 Native 5 | Never Summer/NFFF
C94 UK Penknife | BD1N

vivi

Post by vivi »

Surfingringo wrote:You know, I forgot about the Byrd knives. About a year ago I was in Golden and spent a couple of hours fondling everything in the showroom. That was the first time I had ever had the opportunity to handle the Byrd knives. I'll go on record right now saying that on pure design they were some of my favorite knives in the showroom! I mean there are really some hidden gems in that line! Anybody who has ever asked for a Delica with a choil should check out the meadowlark. I bought one!
I think the Byrd Cara Cara is the most ergonomic knife with an Endura / Pacific Salt style handle. The way the last finger groove curves a bit where my pinky grips makes it feel a little better than the Pacific Salt / Endura 3 finger groove shapes.
:unicorn
sal

Post by sal »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
sal wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Hi Spydergirl,

sal
Hi Spydergirl,

A little late, sorry. Some took many years, some were never produced, some are still in process after many years.

Lil' Temp 3 took at least 6 years,

sal