The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
JRinFL
Member
Posts: 918
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am
Location: Unfashionable West End of the Galaxy

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby JRinFL » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:06 am

You all know everyone can just ignore anyone else? Right?

Anyway, Spyderco listened and is doing the right thing, so how much more is needed to say? Thank you Sal and team!
Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date. :rolleyes: :spyder: Native in 440v was my gateway Spyderco! :spyder: Wharnie for the whin! Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.

palonej
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby palonej » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:39 pm

You're right JR!!
My brand new Advocate will be here Thursday and I will definitely let you guys know how I feel about it.
Joe

Bodog
Member
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:03 am
Location: Tierra del Sol, USA Earth

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby Bodog » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:34 pm

palonej wrote:You're right JR!!
My brand new Advocate will be here Thursday and I will definitely let you guys know how I feel about it.
Joe
I'm sure it'll be glowing reviews to counteract those who you've argued with about this.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.

User avatar
GoldenSpydie
Member
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 am
Location: CO and WY

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby GoldenSpydie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:04 pm

And/or line thy Spyderpac with tin foil and realize it's a pocket knife...

craytab
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby craytab » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:17 pm

palonej wrote:You're right JR!!
My brand new Advocate will be here Thursday and I will definitely let you guys know how I feel about it.
Joe
Do let us know how it is :)

AwayFromMySpydieHole
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby AwayFromMySpydieHole » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Will this fix for the advocate also apply to the Mantra? Curious since it's the same pivot mechanism. (presumably)

palonej
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby palonej » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:45 pm

craytab wrote:
palonej wrote:You're right JR!!
My brand new Advocate will be here Thursday and I will definitely let you guys know how I feel about it.
Joe
Do let us know how it is :)
I most certainly will my friend!!
Also Ed, if you'd like to check it out let me know. I'll ship it to you for a few weeks if you'd like.
Just let me get over the honeymoon stage!!
Joe

palonej
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby palonej » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:46 pm

GoldenSpydie wrote:And/or line thy Spyderpac with tin foil and realize it's a pocket knife...
Doesn't everyone do that GS??? I double line......just in case!!
:D

User avatar
MichaelScott
Member
Posts: 3008
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 am
Location: Southern Colorado

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby MichaelScott » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 pm

This appears to be a rather ordinary engineering issue that is being addressed in a rational and time-tested way. Continuous product improvement. That is one way in which it works. Nothing to get upset about or to twist into serving personal agendas or biases.

Nice work, Spyderco.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation

harronek
Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:20 pm
Location: Northern Australia

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby harronek » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:34 pm

palonej wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:And/or line thy Spyderpac with tin foil and realize it's a pocket knife...
Doesn't everyone do that GS??? I double line......just in case!!
:D

Image

Ken

palonej
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby palonej » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:45 pm

^^^ Now that guy is not taking ANY chances!!!
:D :D
Joe

palonej
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby palonej » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 am

Opened up the box containing a brand new, and GORGEOUS, Spyderco Advocate earlier this morning!!
Just like my bestestest buddy, you know who you are you crazy guy, prophetically prophetized, it is simply amazing!! And will get a blindingly glowing review......grab your tin foil guy's!!!
The build is perfect! Blade perfectly centered! Locks up TIGHT as a drum! The edge is laser like and beautifully even!! What a slicer!! The action is superb! Very hard to flip it and not get it to lock up! Detent is right on! Great for flipping action, but not too tight to make opening with the hole difficult.
Some really nice features too! Love the tube in the lanyard hole, love the cut out to access the hole and the lock bar.....very nicely done! Love the shape of the flipper!
The best feature???? That unbelievably bad *** blade profile! What an amazing slicer!
All in all, an absolutely awesome design!! Love it!
Joe

PS......maybe I just got lucky again?? Domino & Southard still going strong with over 2 years of carry & use!
Attachments
IMG_2180.JPG

AwayFromMySpydieHole
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby AwayFromMySpydieHole » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 am

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:Will this fix for the advocate also apply to the Mantra? Curious since it's the same pivot mechanism. (presumably)

Still wondering this?

Bodog
Member
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:03 am
Location: Tierra del Sol, USA Earth

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby Bodog » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:48 am

palonej wrote:Opened up the box containing a brand new, and GORGEOUS, Spyderco Advocate earlier this morning!!
Just like my bestestest buddy, you know who you are you crazy guy, prophetically prophetized, it is simply amazing!! And will get a blindingly glowing review......grab your tin foil guy's!!!
The build is perfect! Blade perfectly centered! Locks up TIGHT as a drum! The edge is laser like and beautifully even!! What a slicer!! The action is superb! Very hard to flip it and not get it to lock up! Detent is right on! Great for flipping action, but not too tight to make opening with the hole difficult.
Some really nice features too! Love the tube in the lanyard hole, love the cut out to access the hole and the lock bar.....very nicely done! Love the shape of the flipper!
The best feature???? That unbelievably bad *** blade profile! What an amazing slicer!
All in all, an absolutely awesome design!! Love it!
Joe

PS......maybe I just got lucky again?? Domino & Southard still going strong with over 2 years of carry & use!

[Applause]
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.

palonej
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby palonej » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 am

^^^^ Why thank you!!!

craytab
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby craytab » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:55 pm

palonej wrote:
craytab wrote:
palonej wrote:You're right JR!!
My brand new Advocate will be here Thursday and I will definitely let you guys know how I feel about it.
Joe
Do let us know how it is :)
I most certainly will my friend!!
Also Ed, if you'd like to check it out let me know. I'll ship it to you for a few weeks if you'd like.
Just let me get over the honeymoon stage!!
Joe
Very cool of you Joe. I might just take you up on that!

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22173
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby Evil D » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Bodog wrote:
[Applause]

I bet you make a mean margarita being so salty all the time.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

palonej
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby palonej » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:35 pm

craytab wrote:
palonej wrote:
craytab wrote:
palonej wrote:You're right JR!!
My brand new Advocate will be here Thursday and I will definitely let you guys know how I feel about it.
Joe
Do let us know how it is :)
I most certainly will my friend!!
Also Ed, if you'd like to check it out let me know. I'll ship it to you for a few weeks if you'd like.
Just let me get over the honeymoon stage!!
Joe
Very cool of you Joe. I might just take you up on that!
Anytime!!

palonej
Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby palonej » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Evil D wrote:
Bodog wrote:
[Applause]

I bet you make a mean margarita being so salty all the time.
He can't help himself David....at all. Best to ignore it.
He'll wear out his welcome soon enough.
Joe

craytab
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: The Advocate - An Official Statement from Spyderco

Postby craytab » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Evil D wrote:
Bodog wrote:
[Applause]

I bet you make a mean margarita being so salty all the time.
Now I want a margarita.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abyss_Fish, bbturbodad, bearrowland, Bill1170, Bing [Bot], crow2071, GiftedMisfit, Google [Bot], jacala, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mini2white, Mr.B., Naperville, nerdlock, RAHCommanche, Ratamaque, tomcatt1 and 56 guests