Manix 2 XL in upgraded steel....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SC_PATRIOT

Manix 2 XL in upgraded steel....

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Worried yes im worried! That i might lose my KW exclusive XL Manix in s90v when i go camping and i wont have another as a backup. Yes i have a plain model in s30v but im spoiled on the supersteels. Would anyone else have interest in seeing this in maybe S110V or should i go out on a $$$ limb and say Maxamet???? Medium grey g10 or a forest green g10.. oh my gosh just the thought.

Hint Hint Sal and the gang>
: the KW exlusive is the only upgraded steel out there for any Manix 2 XL> HELP ME, so i can sleep... :D
bearfacedkiller

Re: Manix 2 XL in upgraded steel....

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would like one in m4 or Cruwear and I wouldn't turn one down in Maxamet either.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sounds good to me
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I was under the impression that Sal, said all Golden models would be available in S110V.
Was I under the wrong impression?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:I was under the impression that Sal, said all Golden models would be available in S110V.
Yes
Spydergirl88
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

MacLaren wrote:I was under the impression that Sal, said all Golden models would be available in S110V.
He did in fact say that. I've quoted it several times in the past. Their goal is s110v in all golden models but clearly it's going to take some time.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I missed out on the S90V, I'd probably have to get one if it came in M4, S110V, Cruwear.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Popsickle wrote:
He did in fact say that. I've quoted it several times in the past. Their goal is s110v in all golden models but clearly it's going to take some time.
Pretty sure only some golden models were mentioned. For example, S110V PKAL was confirmed?
Spydergirl88
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Oh my. I'm gonna be giddy all day!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The XL is an awesome knife. I just could not like the lock on the one I had, so I sold it. Other versions may have a better lock. Mine was too hard to manipulate, and I say this with big hands that are in no wise weak. The rest of the knife was simply wonderful.

Now, if they made the XL in the linerless back lock, I would be all over it. And yes, I want a steel upgrade...K390 would do (but I like S30V just fine).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Popsickle wrote:
No doubt. I though he said it too...
But, like you said, it'll clearly take some time.
Spyderco has a lot going on and I understand this.
Sal saying it though, one can take his word to the bank :)
Thanx Popsickle:)
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Popsickle wrote:
Pretty sure only some golden models were mentioned. For example, S110V PKAL was confirmed?

Regarding the pm2 as a production sample at the time. Unless you can find me a quote specifically listing which models will be made.....this is the best information we have.

"I've been carrying a production sample and have had no problems with the steel or sharpening. It's a nice piece. We'll be making all of our US models in S110 as regular production with the dark blue handle (either G-10 or FRN).

sal "

With that being said..... things can change or might take more time to make it happen. What we have to remember is spyderco is still a smaller operation compared to some others.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

My mistake
Spydergirl88
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

You can take that as a blanket statement but I would be mighty surprised if we see a s110V pkal. They are gonna have to draw the line somewhere. I hope they do make an S110V Yojimbo and a s110v ManixXL but only time, and sales, will tell.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RLDubbya

Post by RLDubbya »

The Manix XL is one of my favorite edcs. I would take it in any steel, but I really do not think steel makes all that much difference, in this model or any other model. I believe we have a strong inclination to overlook the value of good heat treatment, which Spyderco has refined to an art form.

As always, ymmv.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

bearfacedkiller wrote:You can take that as a blanket statement but I would be mighty surprised if we see a s110V pkal. They are gonna have to draw the line somewhere. I hope they do make an S110V Yojimbo and a s110v ManixXL but only time, and sales, will tell.
I totally agree
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

The Manix XL doesn't feel like a Manix2 in my hands. Regardless, I really like my KW S90V exclusive and would be all over a Maxamet version.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
tripscheck'em

Post by tripscheck'em »

SC_PATRIOT wrote:Worried yes im worried! That i might lose my KW exclusive XL Manix in s90v when i go camping and i wont have another as a backup. Yes i have a plain model in s30v but im spoiled on the supersteels. Would anyone else have interest in seeing this in maybe S110V or should i go out on a $$$ limb and say Maxamet???? Medium grey g10 or a forest green g10.. oh my gosh just the thought.

Hint Hint Sal and the gang>
: the KW exlusive is the only upgraded steel out there for any Manix 2 XL> HELP ME, so i can sleep... :D

Sure, but a Manix XL in Maxamet would probably be pushing $350. I'd love to have it, but I wouldn't pay that much. S110V or S90V is probably going to be around $280.

I'd like to see the XL in laminated CPM 3V.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nah man......an XL Manix in S110V shouldn't be over$175
The Military in S110V is below $200
Now an XL Maxamet might come in at $200
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

SC_PATRIOT wrote:Would anyone else have interest in seeing this in maybe S110V
I like the XL version and other people do too but its not for everybody due to the size.

The S90V version is fairly plentiful on the used market. There are lots of people interested in the S110V version but nobody knows when they might be available.